Hello From Lowell Massachusetts USA

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by smokinmodels, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokinmodels

smokinmodels New Member

My name is Ben, Im 27 and I just found this forum. Lots of kool things here. I hope to learn alot
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome to the forums Ben!:welcome1:
    I am sure you will learn a lot too!
    I hope you are enjoying the forums and if you have any questions just give a holler!:mrgreen:

3. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

4. lothar

lothar New Member

my name is pierre , i'm 37 old and i'm a french .i found your forum exploring the net .
    i'm a warhammer 40k player and search paper model to my building and more
  5. nuttymango

nuttymango New Member

Hi from Concord, NH

Hi Ben,

I just discovered this site too. I'm thinking about building one of three awesome looking kits available for download:

Surper Corsair: The webmaster of this page has permission of the designer to post this model in his website $16 USD

MiG-3: Paper Models from Card-Models.com $8.50 USD

FJ-1 Fury: North American FJ-1 Fury - Modellbaubogen $11 USD

There are lots of great free designs around but these three really grabbed my attention.

Anyone tried printing on glossy, semi-gloss, or matte photo paper? I want to try it but don't know what kind of glue to use. I don't think white/wood glue will work.
  6. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Welcome to all 3 of you - look forward to seeing some of your work.
    Nuttymango - I haven't tried any photo paper, I've read of people who have with mixed comments. From what I've read they are unforgiving to bending (they tend to crack requiring lots of painting to fill the color where they crack).
    Those 3 models are all nice models, and the designers are on the forum so you would be able to get assistance, as well as I know there are build threads for the Super Corsair and the Fury here.
    Another recommendation if you haven't seen it is GeeBee R1. It's a free download, but has a good amount of the techniques you'll need for the complicated plane models.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.