Hello from Italy

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Perry, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perry

Perry New Member

Hello Everyone
    Some days ago I've registered to this forum and now ( after been gone in "exploration" ) I must say that it is Incredible!!!!!!!!!...

I'm not new to papermodel... I'm interested mainly in science fiction, space and military models.

I'm also a Trekker from... well... from the first moment that I can remember :mrgreen:.... and a collector of military equipment ( mainly U.S., WWI-II ), old toys and, obviously, trek collectibles...

PS: I'm Italian... so, please, forgive my english mistakes :razz:

Alberto :wave:
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome to the forums, Alberto!:wave:
    Your English is just fine! The only Italian I know is gratsi and I don't even know how to spell it correctly! Was that right?:oops:

I am glad you are enjoying the forums. There is so much to see and learn you can stay busy for months in there!!

I look forward to seeing some of your work and to seeing you around the forums! Again, welcome!:mrgreen:

3. Perry

Perry New Member

Thank you for your words Russell...

I Know that I'll spent months to read all but.... THIS is the good thing :mrgreen:

PS: If you are referring to the italian for "Free" it is "gratis", nearly correct... and, you won't believe it, it is Latin, but we still use it after thousands years! ghgh... I know... we Italians are crazy people :mrgreen:
  4. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Where in Italy?
  5. Perry

Perry New Member

Trieste, The "point" more at east in the north of Italy
  6. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
    Maybe the word Amazyah was looking for is grazie, or thanks.
    I visited Trieste way back in 1978. I remember it as being a really nice place. There was some sort of beer festival going on in a clearing up in the hills. You could see Yugoslavia in the distance. Beer makers from all over Europe had tents set up where you could sample their brew.
    I ate some very good food in town, too.

Here is a picture I took back then. Recognize it?
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Yes, that's it. Grazie!
    I grew up in a military family and we traveled all the time.
    Whatever country we were in we tried to learn all the polite words first.:twisted:

8. Perry

Perry New Member

Sure! it is one of the buildings of the main plaza ( Piazza Unità = "unity plaza" )... and, as the biggest part of the city, it is in Austrian Empire style ( we were Austrian until the end of the WWI ), so very different from Italian architecture.
  9. Claudio

Claudio Member

Hi Alberto,
    nice to see another Italian around here. Welcome and have fun with this creative hobby.

Claudio (Roma)
  10. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

I never made it to Trieste, but lived in Naples for three years and was lucky enough to travel around the Tuscany region and the Abruzzi mountains quite a bit.....I really miss Italy!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.