Hello from Italy

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Nando, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

I'm Italian and I'm living in Turin (see the http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showpost.php?p=56985&postcount=194).
    Since I was a boy, by now too much time ago, I always built paper models, but also the wooden and the plastic one.

Internet gave to me the inexhaustible source of paper models and so I built many models downloaded for free, satisfying mainly my space passion. Here some example of my models (the Delta7 models not for free).
    View attachment 5389

View attachment 5390

View attachment 5391

View attachment 5392

View attachment 5393

Attached Files:

2. Nando

....the sequel

In the tireless search for new models, I found the JLeslie48 site, where I found so many models, but specially I found the Jonathan's tips about designing models with some mathematic formulas and Microsoft Word. It Was an illumination: I was able to design by my self my own models! With the ultimate aid of Jonathan I designed a couple of very simple missiles that Jonathan kindly hosted in his site.
    View attachment 5394

View attachment 5395

Then I built the F-1 Engine of Greelt and finally I found this card models forum.
    View attachment 5396

View attachment 5397
    I'm very proud of Our hobby and I'm very proud to belong to our Forum that is for me a true mine of information and experience.

I'm feeling very Junior between so many Veterans....

Greetings to all of You

Attached Files:

3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Welcome to the group.:)
    I have visited Italy a few times, many, many years ago (late 1970's). La Spezia, Pisa, Naples, Taranto, Venice, Trieste. Really nice places. I especially liked the areas around La Spezia and Trieste.
    I have been to Sicily too. One thing about Sicily, don't steal any bananas.:wink: :grin:
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome! Mighty fine models you got there and a designer to boot! :D
  5. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Welcome, and Buono Natale! (I used to live in Naples)
  6. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Nando, yes, I already put you in the Cardmodels.net map. But I wasn't aware of your builds! Neat work you have there!
  7. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Welcome Nando!

Looks like you rescaled Greelt's F1 engine! I can't tell if you up or down scaled it, either way, very impressive, as are all your pictured models. As an FYI, Greelt posted here a little bit ago that he expected to publish the whole first stage of his Saturn V sometime soon.

8. hpept

hpept Member

Benvenuto Nando!
    Fa piacere vedere un altro italiano nel gruppo. Complimenti per i tuoi modelli, veramente ben eseguiti. Spero che tu contribuisca ancora inviando altre foto delle tue belle creazioni.

9. Nando

:) Wow!
    I'm glad for Your welcome.
    I'll try to answer to all of You:
    Thanks for Your Welcome and I'm happy that You keep a good memory of my Country that's so beautiful and sweet...
    A question, SCEtoAUX: what's happening if You steal a banana in Sicily?

I saw the map: many thanks

Yes, I rescaled DOWN (1/96) the Greelt's engine: a really clockmaker job! I'd like to verify to scale down the entire project to save space in my house: the answer is yes! It's possible but hard...:twisted:
    And yes, I'm eager me too to see the next step to the Moon...

Ciao Roberto,
    mi è suonato strano, tra tanto inglese, il tuo benvenuto in ITALIANO, e mi ha fatto sentire un po' a casa.
    Grazie per i tuoi apprezzamenti ed a proposito delle foto, sto pensando di creare un album nella Gallery del Forum.

Thanks again to all of You, and I wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!:grin:

10. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

It is a joke that is a main theme in a Roberto Benigni movie called Johnny Stecchino. You have to see the movie because it is hard to explain the situation and still maintain the comical element.
  11. josve

josve Active Member

12. Claudio

Claudio Member

Benvenuto Nando!

Un caloroso abbraccio anche da Roma. Complimenti per le creazioni.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.