Hello from horologium!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by horologium, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horologium

horologium New Member

Just thought I would introduce myself, I have been lurking around for a few weeks and thought I should anounce my presence.
    I have been making paper models for all of three weeks! I am about a quarter way through my first model, a Fokker E.II by GPM. Fun but harder than I thought.
    In case anyone keeps track of what we all do profesionaly (to pay for all the models!) I am a watchmaker, soall of the tiny bits don't bother me much! Or at least they won't when I get used to working with paper and not metal!
    That's all for now,talk to ya later when I finish the model!
  2. Clashster

Clashster Member

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your build! Enjoy!

3. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Welcome aboard. How about some pix of your build?:)
  4. horologium

horologium New Member

Pictures? Maybe, we'll see how it turns out and if I can figure how to post them. So far only the middle section and the cockpit are done (with pleny of mistakes!)
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

welcome to the fold! We dont mind mistakes :) I like to call them lessons learned :) pity I need to make the same one three or four times before I learn.
  6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

A watchmaker huh. I recall downloading some very nice cardmodel watches...just do not remember where.

With your precision and accuracy, you are sure to be a natural.
    One more thing...tiny is goooooooood! And might I add, I'm a little scared of you! LOL
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

A very warm welcome. And of course if you have any neat tools to show us that will help us in our quest for cardmodel perfection, let us know!
  8. horologium

horologium New Member

I'm not sure if I would put a model of a watch together, I do all day long at work! I would love to see them however. I could tell you how close to the real thing they are! Tiny also only comes with practice!
    About ninety percent of my work is done with screwdrivers and tweezers, but I do have drill bits down to a couple of a hundredths of a millimeter they might be good for some of these small areas that get removed.
  9. horologium

horologium New Member

picture, maybe

I'm trying to upload a picture of my current project. If I did it wrong, sorry!

Attached Files:

10. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Nice detail work. I look forward to seeing more
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Hi, from Rotherham, England.
  12. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the group!

And that plane is looking pretty darn good so far.

Best of luck!
  13. Darwin

Darwin Member

Welcome to our funnyfarm. Be warned, these things are addictive. The build looks as if it is coming along nicely.
  14. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Hi, Welcome aboard - your model is coming along nicely. Good be any standards - excellent for a first model.
  15. horologium

horologium New Member

The Fokker E.II had some issues with the laminations for the wing ribs so it has been pushed back in favor of a Fokker Dr I from Maly modelarz. I will post a photo of that when compleate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.