Hello from Germany, Part 2!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Frank Kelle, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Kelle

Frank Kelle Member

Hello everybody! :wave:
    I just wanted to write a few notes about me: As I had learned today from Kartonbau.de you had changed the servers and providers. With my membership I just want to support your efforts for this place. For a longer period of time I had read your topics as a lurcher - due that I was to lazy to register.
    I am 39 (and feeling young), a fan of modelrailroad scale H0 and of course cardmodels (that's why I am here). For cardmodels I made myself the decision for german battleships WW2 (building the Bismarck in the moment from WHV) after some trials for buildings and railroad stuff. As a former member of figure modelling I painted and rebuild soldiers of the ACW, the technics there helps now a lot. The laugh of the history was the idea to form an reanctorgroup (it broke up cause of the very poor interest of the people who first cried hurray). Sorry for my perhaps broken english, but.. it is only school-english and due to my job technical english, I hope you will understand me nethertheless :mrgreen:.
    So let us have a good and pleasant time here!
  2. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Hi Frank!

Don't be concerned about your English at all as I think you'll have no problems getting your basic ideas across here.

I'm interested in model railroading as well (N scale though) which was my first start in designing and building my own models out of wood strips.

However, with the rise of better computer graphics and the internet, I'm pretty well sold on card models now.

N and Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at paperbeam - virtual paper models
  3. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Hello Frank! and Welcome!
    I'm not also a native speaker of English ( or Deutsch ;-) )
    Hope you enjoy this forum.
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Guten Tag, Frank!
    Welcome to the forum! I recognize your picture from the Kartonbau forum.
    It is good to see you come out of lurching mode and say hello.
    There is plenty here to fill your interests completely, especially since we share a place among other modeling groups now!
    I know you will enjoy it here and I look forward to seeing your creations and discussing them in the forums.:thumb:

Again, welcome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.