Hello from Connecticut

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Crazy Potashman, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all!
    Just wanted to introduce myself before sticking my nose into other threads (who's this guy?). I don't know what it is exactly that draws me to this art. Just love it!
    My first work was the Yamaha V-Max, which I gave to my father for Father's Day. He's gotten into this since then, as well as my brother. I'm currently finishing up the 2006 Impreza WRC. Just 3 more tires and some small details like decals (which I'll ask about later) to go! I guess I'll post some pics when I can. It's amazing how much a photo brings out the flaws though!
    Lately I've been more active looking for other material and learning more advanced techniques. This forum has become my favorite for both of those goals.
    Anyhow, it is time to go to work so...
    I'll be seein' ya!
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Howdy Crazy Potashman!
    I love that wild username! What brought that about?
    Glad you are enjoying the forum, it certainly is a goldmine of ideas and pictorial motivations!
    Looking forward to seeing some of your work, regardless of any flaws the camera exposes.
    We all get the same thing so post pics to your hearts content and I can guarantee you, they will be enjoyed!

That is really cool that you dragged your family along with you, into this hobby!
    Maybe we will see them here soon, also!

A hearty welcome to you and I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Hi from England, great bunch of guys on here, very helpfull and easy going. Dont worry about camera showing flaws, I know when I have looked at my photos, they just make me work harder on the next model.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold you crazzzazzy man! :D Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to seeing some of the build pics - how about the whole families??? :) that would be awesome, especially if you can get them to come around once in a while.
  5. Thanks for the warm reception!

I just spoke to the bro and introduced him to the site... I just hope it doesn't seriously impact his family life or work performance!

The nickname results from one of those long stories that really doesn't go anywhere after all. The kind that makes you say "Wha'?" I've never encountered another, so that's good...
    I'll post some pics of my current build (I love the LINGO!) as soon as I can.

6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome Crazy (cpm?)!!!
    I am not well but I wanted to welcome you anyway!
    See you soon (I hope! LOL).
  7. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

Paul, I hope you aren't excluding me here as easy going :)

Potashman, welcome aboard. And hi from Alaska.
  8. Everyone seems very ageeable, and supportive. Nice place you've got here...

Some I guess I I'm going to jump in I've gotta do it with both feet (and everything else of course). So I posted my pics to....

By the way, I am completely open to constructive criticism!

9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Sorry, Lizzienewell, Great bunch of guys and gals.
  10. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Lizzie is REAL again!!! It is lovely to see the real you again Lizzie! Is that your prototype in the pic?

CPM, nice model dude!
    I just wanted to let you know, I offer you to read my welcome message if you haven't already. Click " Welcome New Member" on my signature and you will get the nickel tour.
    Also, thare are lots of links on my signature you may find useful, plus a couple instant toys!!!

Seeyah around!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.