Hello from Canuckistan

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by causticphlegm, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Hello everyone. The name is Dan and I've been lurking for the last 10 days or so. I'm incredibly noobish in the card model game but am having a blast.

I started when I saw this link on Digg.com:http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/Gallery.html I was absolutely blown away that you could do that kind of thing with some glue and paper. I remember when I was really young, I would buy those books that had the characters and vehicles that were pre-perforated and required no glue to assemble. Good times. When I saw that link, the memories came flooding back and thought I'd give it a shot.

Anyway, I've been going nuts in the past 10 days and am now on my 11th model (Star Wars AT-AT). What can I say, being on layoff really gives a guy a lot of free time :)

Here's a link to what I've done : http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z186/causticphlegm/

Thanks for all the great tips, info and models. I love the sci-fi and cartoon/anime stuff. I've already downloaded enough to keep me going for ages.
  2. Darwin

Darwin Member

Some very nice work. Welcome to the group. Be warned, this stuff is highly addictive.
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Welcome............. Canuckistan? That right above US and right below the North pole right?

Oh......... and when you build one of those great models...........post a picture on the site and thank the designer. It might urge them on to do some more work:grin:

4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Howdy cp!
    Sounds to me like you are already addicted! So much fun and pleasure it's just unbelievable, isn't it?!:grin:
    I hope your job situation goes just the way you want it too.
    In the mean time you do know how to enjoy your spare time, that's for sure!
    Great bunch of models you have done already! They all look fantastic!8)

Welcome to the community! It's great to have you here and glad you found us too!:wink:

5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Welcome aboard!

Nice work on the models! If you haven't ran across it already, there's enough on John Leslie's site to keep you busy for a loooong time...

Here's the link:

Enjoy the hobby, and again, welcome to the forums! :-D
  6. Gearz

Gearz Member

Welcome causticphlegm! Great work on your models!
  7. Clashster

Clashster Member

Welcome! Nice looking models!

8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold bud. based on those pics you are not a noob at all..... very nice work you have done there. Looking forward to seeing more!
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

LoL Canuckistan is located north of Amerikadia which itself is north of Meximerica.

There's so far a couple of Canuckians from the East Coast so watch yourself or you may wake up one day paper glued to your sheets with us dancing around you looking for fold lines. =x
  10. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Yay, another Canookian! I also live in Canadia....right where the Great Lakes end and the St. Lawrence seaway begins.

That means that when I flush, StevO gets it.

Just kidding. My wife's a maritimer, so I have to be real careful not to go too far down the path of the dreaded "Evil Upper Canadian". Nice models, there Dan, or should I say: ToxicLoogie.

Welcome here, wherever "here" is in this techno-epistolary state.
  11. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

CP: Welcome aboard!! You will like it here!!
    I am from Canuckistan also!!

12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I was wondering where all those Goldfish and Alligators are coming from.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.