Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Big_Red_N, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Big_Red_N

Big_Red_N New Member

Just like to introduce myself, im a 16 yo train modeller. Im currently working wiht N gauge and about to start a British prototype.

Look forward to being active here

2. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Welcome, Alex. It's always good to see younger folks here, as it bodes well for the future of our hobby. I am not "into" British prototype, but I have ridden a bit of it.
  3. Sunburn

Sunburn Member

Hello Alex.
    I'll echo dave. The sum of my BR experience is limited to the London area. I did enjoy the short run from Marylebone to Ruislip.
  4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge, Alex:wave:
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Alex and welcome.
    There are a few guys here with a lot of BR knowledge.
  6. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

:wave: welcome to the gauge m8
  7. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Welcome Alex. Glad you could join us!
  8. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Hey there Alex!
    Glad you have chose the gauge, I'm also 16, as are about 4 other people on here, so you're not alone! :wave: :thumb:
  9. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Hi alex. I think you should look up the British Railway Modellers of Australia. They are also struggling to model what's halfway around the world, and have set up supply lines.
    I'm doing the same thing in Canada. We have a national organization, plus a number of local clubs.
    I think you've picked a good time to get started, as British N gauge has been having a refurbishment. Try not to fall for old junk that someone is replacing with new.
  10. Big_Red_N

Big_Red_N New Member

:D wow, im stoked to see i got that many replys:D :D :D

Yea British N gauge is coming back with avengance which is great espically since in Australia N gauge for british outline stuff is very scarce, well it was
  11. Dorcas

Dorcas New Member

Good evening Alex I can say "Good Evening" as we are in thesome Larger Metropolis.
    Altough I am little bit further removed from you(Warragul) You will find the fellows on this forum very helpful.
  12. Big_Red_N

Big_Red_N New Member

hey mate,

a fellow aussie and a Victorian too:D

I live in Frankston. :wave:
  13. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Welcome To The-Gauge Alex.:wave: :wave: :wave:
  14. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Hi Alex:
    Welcome to The Gauge. Alot good people here. Where is Woody? He's an Aussie!

15. ausien

ausien Active Member

G`day m8,:wave: and welcome to the roster, I am in near proximity SYDNEY, just up the ribbon,:rolleyes: I modle US, in N, but if you need a good suplyer of british stuff, I can give you a good one here in syd, that will mailorder....although I am also 16:rolleyes: :rolleyes: for the 4th or is it the 5th time...:D :D :D fell free to ask any questions you want, oh and,, Woodie, he`s mowing the lawn.... still.sign1 sign1 sign1