Hello from Astrospud!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by astrospud, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astrospud

astrospud Member

Hello all,
    I'm from Australia like Uglyguy9 and also like him, I love astronomy too. I have an 8" reflector, but don't take it out as much as I'd like to. I would love to have a permanent peir in a rolltop shed for my setup. Not ideal in a rental :rolleyes:.

I have other hobbies, besides astronomy. I have an R/c heli and a monster truck, I play computer games and also dabble in static models too, but haven't got a portfolio to speak of! So far I've been more of a collector of card projects. :mrgreen:
    My love of the computer classic Homeworld 1 & 2 started me off. My newest obsession is Eve Online, the Scifi MMORPG.

More about me, I am a CAD drafter, with a focus on building services (HVAC, lighting, power/data), but I really want to branch into residential buidling design.
    I am married to Amanda for 8 years and currently live in Tasmania. As you can well imagine, she is a very understanding wife!
    Thanks for having me. :)
  2. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hello astrospud! :wave:

Welcome to the forum mate! By the sound of your profile you'll have plenty in common with many of our members ( except maybe living in Tasmania! ~ It IS a lovely part of the world!) This is a great place with great people and enough card model info + resources to choke a Dinosaur. Got some pics of you card models?

HOMEWORLD :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

(The mother of all games.... lol)
  3. astrospud

astrospud Member

Hehe! As I read though the forums last night, I think I can be counted among those that have filled their HD with projects and also filled boxes of unfinished models! My latest (and has been put on hold for some time), was the Higaaran Torpedo frigate. Not an easy buld for someone not used to card modelling. That's why I joined, to meet folks who would be able to provide tips and strategies to keep my projects moving. I loved Homeworld, and just wanted a little piece of it to call my own (a model). I thought a card model would be a great place to start, then I can move onto scratchbuilt studio scale from ply, styrene sheet and greeblies. Seems I can't get past the card stage! :rofl:
    Thanks for the warm welcome. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.