Hello from another new member

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Fester, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fester

Fester New Member

Wonderful find, this site. I build real space, scifi, and armor models... and am in awe of what I have seen!!
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold Fester! There are some beauties out there - working on anything in particular right now?
  3. Fester

Fester New Member

Thanks, it's great to be here! I've spent a good chunk of time looking around, it's a great site.:thumb:
    Well, I have the 1/144 Card Apollo LUT with Mobile Launch Platform (got it on Ebay, and it's absolutely beautiful)... but not sure if I want to use it as a pattern for Plastic, or build it as paper. I'm rabid to have a MLP and LUT, but I don't know how sturdy the assembled model will be in paper. I've also downloaded the 1/144 crawler transporter (awesome model) figuring that would be a natural to see those together.
    I've done several paper models - Jan Rukr's Icarus, a simple little Cessna 172, and some buildings... but my builds have not been notable. I'm primarily a plastic kit modeler, but as for the Apollo LUT, there's not a lot of alternatives in kit form (that are less than hundreds and hundreds of dollars).

Hopefully my jaw will heal from impacting the floor after seeing the 1/60 scale Apollo LUT/MLP and Crawler I've seen in here. Absolutely amazing, and inspiring.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.