Hello from a long lost N Scaler

WVRR

Hi all, some of the names I remember, but most are all new to me. It's been about two years now since I last modeled N scale or even had anything to do with trains and now that I am planning a new layout, I decided to post a thread of my progress. It's only an 18" x 39" industrial switch layout with many smaller industries to keep me busy setting out and picking up cars. All structures and details will be scratchbuilt out of odds and ends around the house. Motive power consists of two GP40s, two GP38s and two dozen or so rolling stock. On one end will be an attachable staging yard that slides to the track that is wanted. At least I have that much final....as for the trackplan or the industries that are gonna be on it...I don't have a clue yet. Anyways I will post some pics as I go along to keep everyone up to date with my progress.

Ed Burchell
NARA member #25

Pooh Bah
Hi Ed. welcome back.
Plug: if you want to see a few staging yard ideas, come the the Great British Train Show in Brampton, last weekend of the month.

Papa Bear

Good to hear from you again, Ed. :wave: I always liked your Western Valley Railroad. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this time.

train1

Welcome Back Ed.
Looking forward to perhaps meeting you in person someday seeing that I work in London - ana I still haven't had an oportunity to seek out any railroad hotspots and clubs in the area yet.

WVRR

Well update one....I managed to salvage as much track, rolling stock, locomotives as I could after our move. Seems that I have more then I thought. Got my board all ready and went down to the local hobby store to purchase 10 pieces of HO cork. I chose HO cork because I am modelling an area that most times has groundlevel track with weeds and roadways inside the rails, so there's no real reason I need a full profile roadbed, plus the fact that I have double the roadbed I would with n scale cork. I purchased two full pieces of flex track so that I could get started right away with new straight track. I also counted up all my switches and track pieces so now I have to come up with a operations style trackplan for the size and the amount of switches that I have (9 right handed, 7 Left handed). Any help with an operations type trackplan using small industries along the front and some bigger flats along the back with the amount of switches I have or less would be great. More to come