Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1CarlosGonzalez, May 12, 2016.

1. 1CarlosGonzalez

1CarlosGonzalez New Member

Hi guys! My name is Carlos and I'm a TV and Film Director & writer. Everything I've done so far has been indy but that's all changed as of two months ago. I'm currently writing a SitCom titled Class Act! Look for it fall of 2017.

I have been a model builder since I was 8 years old. Building models for the screen and getting down and dirty with detail has allowed me to perfect my abilities. I stumbled on paper modeling several years ago and I built an X Wing fighter. About a year ago I decided to give it a try only this time I used those same templates and traced them by hand onto plastic sheets. The result was a a super cool scratch built model. The X wing took way longer than what I had hoped. 7 months and roughly 380-ish hours.

With my busy writing schedule, it's difficult to build models I want right away. I have looked through some of the posts here and You all have a gift. I hope I can share some builds soon. I believe I can post on picture of a finished model. It's of a completely scratch built 13 inch tall T.A.R.D.I.S. No templates were used making this model. Admin, feel free to delete if it does not meet the requirements.

Attached Files:

2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Hello Carlos,

Welcome to Zealot. It is interesting that you are a TV and Film Director & writer. I think that that is COOL. We have quite a few members who are connected to the film industry in one way or another (I for one was an amature actor (of both screen and stage) for three years). So you are in good company (I have always felt that people who are connected to the film industry have a stronger appreciation for model building as a whole.)!
    We also have MANY members who are into SCI-FI (myself included). I hope that you feel at home here.
    We welcome builders of all kinds here. Granted, most of the members use paper, but there are many who use a variety of different materials and mediums to build the models that they like. We have a few different categories (for some of the different materials). So by all means please post your X-Wing made of plastic sheets (I have thought about making a Thunder Fighter (from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century) the same way). I would like to see the build thread of such and how you did it.

Your T.A.R.D.I.S. looks GREAT! You did a FANTASTIC JOB on it! It looks like it is museum quality!!!

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free and ask. We will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).
    Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I am looking forward to seeing your work!!!
  3. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Welcome Carlos, it is a pleasure to have someone so talented here. There are other members of this forum who are known for their works in Anime and other subjects. We are here if you ever have any questions, just send a P.M. Very realistic looking 'Tardis". Feel free to post whatever you wish in this thread, partial models, whatever. ;)
  4. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Hello Carlos,

Zathros and Rhaven took the words out of my mouth. So what else I do have to say?

Welcome to our happy little forum! :)

Have fun and enjoy!:)