Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by memel, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memel

memel New Member

Just got situated and authorized. What a great forum! I just discovered card modeling right before Christmas. I'm most interested in WW I aircraft in 1/72 scale but have done one 1/33 and will try a few more. Have built 12 models so far and working on #13 - for luck. I can see I have a lot to learn and hopefully can contribute once in a while.
  2. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Welcome aboard. Be sure to check out the Internet Finds section. There's lots of free models there including planes.
    Here's a link to an index of free models by catagory. There's some nice WWI planes on there.
  3. memel

memel New Member

Thanks, I've been scouring the web and that's how I found this forum - on of my best 'finds' so far.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Glad I got ya going! Sorry for the troubles :)

Build any models from dewaynes site yet? Marek has some real beauties!

How about a couple ample photos?
  5. memel

memel New Member

I'm not sure what deaynes site is. I've been building several from BeePa Etc. Paper Models, an Italian site - F. Prudenziati, and Propellerblatt.

I haven't figured out a good way to photograph my models yet but here's one of BeePa's DH2, SE5a and F2-B

Attached Files:

6. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Looks pretty good.
    Dewayne has a site with card models. can't remember the address right now and my favorites/bookmarks got erased. Very nice models at very reasonable prices.
    You might send cgutzmer a PM asking him for the address.
    Those planes look pretty good.
  7. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Oops. Just realized that I didn't put in the link I promised you up above. I'm always doing that.
    Here you go.

00 ƒCƒ“ƒfƒbƒNƒX
  8. memel

memel New Member

I just finished my latest a Bristol Scout C in 1/72. It is a free sample from Digital Card Models but I can't remember actual url - sorry. It was my first attempt at forming a cowling. I made all of the struts and landing gear out of flat toothpicks, as well as the propeller. I added a toothpick Lewis gun situated to fire at an angle so as to miss the propeller arc. Sorry the pictures aren't better they are from my cell phone.

Attached Files:

9. smyfe

smyfe Member

Dewaynes site

Here is the link to Dewaynes site, he has some excellent models:thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.