Hello Everyone

MickeyHoldem

Hi All,

I just found this forum and can't believe all the great info and layouts everyone has. I started on a layout in my basement, but have stopped working on it due to the fact that a move may be in the works in the near future.

Here's a link to some pics...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mckyhldm/album?.dir=e06d&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I've started some 3' x 1.5' dominoes that will latch together... This will keep me busy and I'll be able to take them with me without resorting to the SAW. Here's some good advice: THINK AHEAD!!

I'll get some photos up soon... Looking forward to sharing my progress!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
A nice looking layout Mickey. I know what moving around is like and have had more layouts torndown then re-built but finally had to retire to get a stable location. Are you hand laying track like the turnout you are showing?
I see this is your first post so here is a big welcome to the Gauge.

3phase

Matthyro said:
A nice looking layout Mickey. I know what moving around is like and have had more layouts torndown then re-built but finally had to retire to get a stable location. Are you hand laying track like the turnout you are showing?
I see this is your first post so here is a big welcome to the Gauge.
I overlooked the first post..... :sleeping: This is my, WELCOME TO THE GAUGE MICKEY!! :wave:

MickeyHoldem

Thanks all for the welcome, and the nice comments!
Matthyro said:
Are you hand laying track like the turnout you are showing?
I've scratch built about 12 turnouts with good success but the track is all atlas code 55.

Will_annand

Hello Mikey, welcome to The Gauge.

I hear you about moving, I am currently renting an apartment. I have started an 11x6 layout and am building it in 4 setions so I can be moved.

SD90

Welcome to the Gauge! That is a great looking layout, I'll be on the lookout for more pictures.