Hello everybody, another new guy

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
LongIslandTom said:
Suit yourself. I'm not inclined to help those who refuse to help themselves. (shrug)

well, actualy, Our anti-virus software (Norton Anti-Virus) isn't exactly "download friendly" (for those who don't get it, it won't let us download it) Heck, I'd be willing to get it SOLEY to thwart Norton. The thing is more often than not a pain in the %^%#^#$!!!! for me (won't even allow the internet to open until it's running :curse: )

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Hey CCT70

Hey CCT70, can I send the pics to you so you can resize them & post them for me again? I hope for the last time, for I am currently in a ferocius battle against norton trying to get the download through:D

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Yeah, go ahead and send them to my email, and I'll post them tonight after I go take a nap. I just caught this message as I was logging off, I have the flu still, and it's geting worse, so I need to take a nap, these meds are making me sleepy. Send them over and I'll put them up tonight when I am awake and feeling up to resizing them.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
CCT70 said:
Yeah, go ahead and send them to my email, and I'll post them tonight after I go take a nap. I just caught this message as I was logging off, I have the flu still, and it's geting worse, so I need to take a nap, these meds are making me sleepy. Send them over and I'll put them up tonight when I am awake and feeling up to resizing them.
thanks man, you rock:thumb: :D

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Ok, here is the latest batch. Sorry it took so long, this flu has been pretty bad and is kicking my butt pretty good.

100_0636.jpg

100_0632.jpg

100_0629.jpg

100_0624.jpg

100_0622.jpg

100_0621.jpg

100_0620.jpg

100_0619.jpg

100_0617.jpg

100_0616.jpg

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
I like the way the brick walls are looking the brick is showing pretty good. You may want to experiment with some I\A wash on it you may find it really makes the detail jump out, although this would probably be a last step.:wave:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
it's okay with the pics CCT70, I can understand about the flu. As for those walls, they're wooden, not brick. The origional color was just plain horible, so we had to make a new base paint. Anyways, here is a desc. of the pics:

1.the backside of the Elevator (where the trucks will go)
2.the outer wall of the rail overhang
3.blurry pic of the outside part of a door for the overhang (that notch at the left side is so you can close it on the tracks)
4. One of the sides of this thing. that odd juting out peice is for the overhang's roof (and why I need snap track)
5.part of the layout switcheroo. I plan on this little siding to be where oil and such can be unloaded from tank cars(mainly for loco repair)
6.CNW 4056 resting at where I hope there to be a machine shop
7.overhead shot of 5 & 6
8.the conection switch for the new sidings
9. why I can't cut off the base part that goes under the rails (that top edge is where the part in pic 2 goes)
10. The base w/ my track on it (it's a tight fit!)

woulda had more but the camera ran out of juice:D

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
progress report

Okay, we may have our track problem solved! I discovered Atlas's universal rail joiners for code 100 track and i have heard from other non-online fourm-sources that they should work. Yay Atlas!:D

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Our layout stats:

Our layout is a complete circut again (yay!) with the new 3-inch peices installed. For a celabration, I hooked up the Railpower 1370 and ran the F3 like in days of past with all cars hooked up as well. We plan on using snap track for the elevator. Riveside never looked more alive:D

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Well, the layout's coming along, but I already have a plan to get a new engine. I can aford it, and personaly I have no problem with getting the loco, it's just what the loco IS to be truthfull is the problem. In short, would you consider me mentaly nuts if I ran Mavis from TTTE as my mainline switcher?:D

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
what the $#&&?!?!?!

This weekend will see the Prarie Star Elevator come to completion. However, my dad and I nearly got stoped 4 times by it! First, I discover that the elevator is supposed to UNLOAD cars instead of load them and it was suposed to be conected to a flour mill:eek: (I thought it was a grain processing plant!). We avoided that bullet with just sayng that it was used to store grain going to mills instead of loading it into a mill. The second time was when my dad decided to skip the instructions and tore one of the decals neyond repair!:curse: We avoided that by using a diferent decal. Third, the REALLY big decals (the big white ones with "Prarie Star Milling Co. on them) kept on conforming on my dad's hand! He dipped his fingertips in water to prevent that. Finaly, my dad yet again ingnored directions, and toutched the decal when it was WET WITH MICRO SOL and tore it as he was trying to get rid of an air bubble!jawdrop I remember pointing out to him that the instructions for the elevator (which recomened Micro Sol) clearly stated that you were to wait untill the decal was fully dry and then poke the thing with a pin and apply more Micro Sol!:curse: wall1 :mad: :curse: The hole that was left was luckly in a big white spot, so that will be carfully painted w/pwhite paint to disquise it.:cool: Aside from all these mishaps, the decals are looking great!:thumb: we will wait to weather the roof parts untill tomorow because we will be aplying more Micro Sol throughout the night. Never knew decals were this hard!:eek:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Decals can be a pain but once you get to do them alot, you figure out new tricks for yourself and how to lay and slide them around.

BTW, just make sure ALL FANS ARE OFF WHEN APPLYING DECALSsign1 You would not believe how many times I have messed up decals because the stupid fan on :curse: :curse: sign1 :thumb:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
It's winter here. They would only be on if we wanted to frezee to deathsign1 . That and there are no fans nearby the work space (which is our formal dining table. It's only use on holidays and when we have guests over mostly.):thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
It is winter here to, Im in CA, but it is suprising hot today and the wind is blowing so it is warm wind.

As for fans, I meant celing fans, but ya, I usally don't have the fan problem unless it is summer :D

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
alright, back to the layout stats. It's still barley decorated, but that's because of the elevator we're building. When and if we get an engine shed/machine shop built, that's probably the time we're gonna take everything off again and begin the foam laying:thumb:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
TruckLover said:
cool, what engine shed/shop are you using?

We don't know as of yet what, or if it's one or the other! I know the difference betwen the two, but I'm trying to figure out which one is better! I've got a 4X8 table layout w/ 1 engine (2 by at earliest May, guess who), 4 fifty foot boxcars, 2 covered hoppers (which one is already done up in a scheme for grain, interstingly enoughsign1 it's the yellow one if you want to see the pic), a somewhat broken tank car (parts of the surounding wire is broken, but it's not noticeable from a distance), and a CNW cupola steel cabose.

WHOOT! 100th post in this thread!