Hello everybody, another new guy

joesho

yup me here too im gunna be busy i hope to get a funit dummy unit,so im probably going to be working on that :)

CNWman

CNW Fan
CNWman said:
Here's a pic of the "other" building that conects with my elevator:
933-2914.gif

I have all those decals on my sheet with the ones for the elevator! I'm looking at my decal sheet and the pic right here at the keyboard!

Doesn't matter anymoresign1 My dad and I are going to our LHS soon and plan to get this building (it was in surplus when we saw it last), and maybe even a machine shop. If I'm lucky, i might be able to get an engine for my project "m":D I gotta BIG job ahead of me:rolleyes: :D

CNWman

CNW Fan
O.K. Change in plan. We will NOT be getting the milling building.(after I discovered it's base in the box and matched that with the extra windows we got). Instead, we are trying for a little comercial/industrial area. I will get pics when I can. For now, i can say that the first step of making the Elevator is underway:thumb: and a major track rearangement has taken place:D

CCT70

That's precisely why I never made track plans in the past. Call me crazy, but I'd get a basic track plan idea in my head and go from there making chabges as I went along.

CNWman

CNW Fan
:thumb:
CCT70 said:
That's precisely why I never made track plans in the past. Call me crazy, but I'd get a basic track plan idea in my head and go from there making chabges as I went along.

I drew up 6 plans, one of which my dad liked. i liked it alot too, but we had to scrap it when we discovered that our LHS didn't carry the right crossing degree. My new plan I think is alot smotther. Nothing's concrete (it was origoinaly suposed to be gravel or something, but the LHS only had grain elevators.) and it's easy to lay out because it's EZ track!:D

CCT70

I would give serious consideration to scrapping the Bachmann EZ-track. It is a pain to use if you want to get a nice trackplan down. If I remember correctly, you can pull the track off of the roadbed. This way, you can use track from other manufacturers, cut track to fit and use flex track.

Just a suggestion.

CNWman

CNW Fan
CCT70 said:
I would give serious consideration to scrapping the Bachmann EZ-track. It is a pain to use if you want to get a nice trackplan down. If I remember correctly, you can pull the track off of the roadbed. This way, you can use track from other manufacturers, cut track to fit and use flex track.

Just a suggestion.

thanks for the sugestion. However, My dad and I are forced to use EZ track because we have so much of it. That and you must have EZ track confused with another brand of all-in-one track. you can't remove the Bachman track. That and we almost have all the track we need.

iis612

:) Welcome to the Guage!! :wave:
It is nice to see another CNW modeler :)

Can't wait to see the pics.

Boy, am I a moron :eek:ops:
We have shared a few posts.... derrrrrrhamr

Still can't wait to see the pics though. :)
BTW, if you are in need of more EZ Track, send me a message. I have a bunch that I am not going to be using. I am switching to Atlas.

CNWman

CNW Fan
joesho said:
well then i guess a happy birthday is in order,bday1 bday1 bday2 bounce7 balloon6 train97

Thanks a bunch joesho:thumb: and I was wrong about the progress thing, all the walls are weathered now. Next is the roof peices:D

CNWman

CNW Fan
New Pics are Here! Well, sorta....

Good news! I have been able to take 10 new shots of the layout & the weathered elevator walls! only problem: I can't post 'em:cry: Looks Like I need to call upon someone here to send them to them so they can resize them and post 'em for me.

Just download any of the 100's of graphics utilities available at any of the the shareware sites (cnet.com, tucows.com, etc.).

I recommend IrfanView. This one lets you resize images as well as let you choose how much file compression to use (so you can squish a Jpeg file down to below 70K so the-Gauge will let you post it). You can grab it from cnet.com here: http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000-2192_4-10608664.html

It's freeware. Very nice photo/graphics utility.

Hope this helps.

CNWman

CNW Fan
LongIslandTom said:
Just download any of the 100's of graphics utilities available at any of the the shareware sites (cnet.com, tucows.com, etc.).

I recommend IrfanView. This one lets you resize images as well as let you choose how much file compression to use (so you can squish a Jpeg file down to below 70K so the-Gauge will let you post it). You can grab it from cnet.com here: http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000-2192_4-10608664.html

It's freeware. Very nice photo/graphics utility.

Hope this helps.

my computer crashed 3 years ago when we downloaded something from the internet. My dad's not to open towrds these kinda things (didn't help when one almost screwed up our comp when we were trying to make a PC lego game work).

Downloading stuff can be dangerous yes. You never know if what you are downloading has been infected by viruses or is intentionally-written malware designed to steal your personal information off your computer or crash it or whatever.

That's why whenever possible, you should download stuff only from reputable shareware sites such as Cnet.com, Tucows, etc. Those places scan for threats in the files before making them available for download.

And if you need to download stuff from questionable places, ALWAYS do a virus scan on the file before opening it, and ALWAYS make sure your antivirus software is up-to-date.

Grab IrfanView from Cnet.com. I've used it and I know it works (and it won't crash your computer).

Hope this helps.