Hello.... Anybody Out There?

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
No offense, Cannoball, but the world of MRR is not exactly on the cutting edge of world events. If you think this forum is slow, I can show you another MRR site that is easily five tims slower.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Mountain Man said:
No offense, Cannoball, but the world of MRR is not exactly on the cutting edge of world events. If you think this forum is slow, I can show you another MRR site that is easily five tims slower.
I guess I'm used to my musicians forum where people are posting pretty much 24/7. The Gauge has been a more interesting read lately though.

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
There are also a lot of newbies like myself. As interested as we are, we don't have a lot of projects for show-and-tell.

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Besides, it's during the week. People still have to get up early for work, it's busier on the weekends when people are home during the day.
train97

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Looked that way for days. Not much doing here sometimes.

The HO forum is the pits. every so often you read something very entertaining.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Threads and forums have a natural ebb and flow of activity that is related to the interest of the participants posting. Sometimes a thread that I think will take off only gets a few nods while another I expect will disappear soon attracts attention for pages and pages. If people are posting they must be interested or enjoying it. Then, of course, there are the distractions of life that effect the activty in threads. It will be interesting to see how many posts we get from American members tomorrow during the Super Bowl. :) Meanwhile, have patience when your thread isn't moving, post in threads you'd like to see continue, and ignore those threads you have no interest in because they will have a life of their own regardless.
Ralph

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I have to agree with Ralph. Last Sunday I posted pics on the great deals I got at the Springfield show, Its already on page two, near the bottom, 55 views...no replies.
It does happen.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
i dont know about you guys but as soon as the super bowl starts , i get a case of beer, fritos, dip and 3 freinds and i head to 'the dungeon'for a day of possible screaming,crying and complaing...ahhh good times...

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Well, I truely enjoy The Gauge and the folks that post here. Every question I have ever had has been answered in depth with good discussion and good thinking. On occasion, there is a spell where none of the new threads is of interest to me, but I don't mind. That is when I go to work on my trains! And, compared to network TV, The Gauge rocks... great photos of nice layouts, plenty of discussion of model railroad topics, and I have to admit that sometimes certain things make me smile hugely, laugh a bit, shake my head, and thank the universe itself for having put together the animal we call human beings.