Hello, another Atlas Orphan

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by CNWGP38, Jun 6, 2004.

1. CNWGP38

CNWGP38 New Member

Hi, I'm new, I model the Rock and CNW, I'm a orphan of the Atlas forum.:) :wave:
  2. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

I'm new too, Hello.

Hi Ray, Jeremy, other orphans.
  3. Welcome to The Gauge, guys! Here you'll find a friendly bunch of modelers with a kicked-back attitude that are willing to help answer questions, help each other out, and share the ups and downs of our hobby. Glad to have ya here!
  4. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

Welcome to the Gauge folks.

Like HudsonElectric said. Your always welcome and this is probably the friendliest bunch of folks in the hooby.

You will , however, need a few things here. The First being a drool towel or bib for the great photos posted by the likes of Shamus and the crew here. We have some of the best modellers out there and they will just blow you mind.

Don't forget to check out the photo section for some great stuff as well as the Scratchin and Bashin section. You will love the Partridge Family Pics there done by Shagetz :D

Again welcome, and have fun.
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to "The Gauge", pizza's here, grab a coke and stay awhile...

Thanks for tootin' my horn, Chess, I think I'll go hide now.... ;) :p

Attached Files:

6. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Welcome to the gauge CNWGP38 and NYC-BKO. FRED
  7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Welcome aboard, guys! :wave: :)
  8. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Glad you could join us guys!
  9. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Welcome to The-Gauge :wave:
  10. Jon Grant

Jon Grant Member

Another orphan signed up.

11. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Welcome Jon. FRED
  12. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome, Jon. :wave:
  13. Silicon

Silicon New Member

Wandering no more!

Yet another Atlas refugee strolls in... :) Greetings to my fellow displaced bretheren. :wave: Glad I remembered my username and password, or I'd be going through some serious "train forum withdrawal." :( :eek: :cry: :D
  14. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

Hi folks,

Now that I'm "back at work" after the weekend I'm really missing the A-Forum. It's good to see some of you here. I wonder if the Atlas members will gravitate to one forum more than others.

Oh well, maybe I'll get more done for the next 2 months. :)
  15. Jon Grant

Jon Grant Member

Hello SR and Jim. I'm starting to feel quite at home already. Now to suss out how to post some pics.

Well that was almost too easy.

16. OhioRailroader

OhioRailroader New Member

Hey guys! Add me to the Atlas people lol. I probably would have posted here more often if I knew my ID was originally misspelled lol.

Anywho, I hope to have a pleasant time here.
  17. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome, John, from a fellow Beano/Fireball fan :thumb: :wave:
  18. pdt

pdt Member

Wow, quite a few of the Atlas regulars have joined up. I started hanging out here when the recent controversy over at Atlas began to erupt and I've found that I enjoy it very much here. The Academy is very inspiring! I recommend all the new guys check it out.

Anyway, glad to see some familiar names!

P.S. Jim, did you guys get nailed by the recent bad weather? About half the houses in my neighborhood lost a tree. And there's more coming.... It's going to be a long week.
  19. Mastiffdog

Mastiffdog Member

Looks like everyone's flocking to the Gauge. I was pretty active here last year but it seemed pretty slow so I defected over to the Atlas "boiling pot". If you like heated discussions and controversial topics (although Atlas hated them), the Atlas board was the place for the action. There were more locked topics and suspended members than I can remember. It was happening almost daily. And who'd think model trains could become so contentious? I even came close to being booted a few times because I became so offended at some of the nonsense that was being posted. I think I am cured now.

The Gauge from my experiences are more modeling oriented and as I recall most of the argumentative posts get pretty well ignored.

I'll look for Sprink to fire up the Sunday Photo Fun! I look forward to seeing some posts from Shaygetz, JWMurray, PDT, Jon Grant, Silicon, NYC-BKO and many others.

As usual, should be fun ...

Attached Files:

• dog.jpg
      File size:
      29.7 KB
  20. Jon Grant

Jon Grant Member

Hello Dog, et all, I'm sure it won't be long before Sprink gets the SPF up and running. I suppose that means I'll actually have to do some modelling for it.