Hello, another Atlas Orphan

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Welcome to the Gauge folks.

Like HudsonElectric said. Your always welcome and this is probably the friendliest bunch of folks in the hooby.

You will , however, need a few things here. The First being a drool towel or bib for the great photos posted by the likes of Shamus and the crew here. We have some of the best modellers out there and they will just blow you mind.

Don't forget to check out the photo section for some great stuff as well as the Scratchin and Bashin section. You will love the Partridge Family Pics there done by Shagetz :D

http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=8783

Again welcome, and have fun.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Welcome to "The Gauge", pizza's here, grab a coke and stay awhile...

Thanks for tootin' my horn, Chess, I think I'll go hide now.... ;) :p

Attachments

• bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 303

Silicon

Jul 7, 2003
www.sr.boche.net
Wandering no more!

Yet another Atlas refugee strolls in... :) Greetings to my fellow displaced bretheren. :wave: Glad I remembered my username and password, or I'd be going through some serious "train forum withdrawal." :( :eek: :cry: :D

Hi folks,

Now that I'm "back at work" after the weekend I'm really missing the A-Forum. It's good to see some of you here. I wonder if the Atlas members will gravitate to one forum more than others.

Oh well, maybe I'll get more done for the next 2 months. :)

Jon Grant

Jun 6, 2004
Sunderland UK
www.railimages.com
Hello SR and Jim. I'm starting to feel quite at home already. Now to suss out how to post some pics.

aag.sized.jpg

Well that was almost too easy.

Jon

Wow, quite a few of the Atlas regulars have joined up. I started hanging out here when the recent controversy over at Atlas began to erupt and I've found that I enjoy it very much here. The Academy is very inspiring! I recommend all the new guys check it out.

Anyway, glad to see some familiar names!

P.S. Jim, did you guys get nailed by the recent bad weather? About half the houses in my neighborhood lost a tree. And there's more coming.... It's going to be a long week.

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
Looks like everyone's flocking to the Gauge. I was pretty active here last year but it seemed pretty slow so I defected over to the Atlas "boiling pot". If you like heated discussions and controversial topics (although Atlas hated them), the Atlas board was the place for the action. There were more locked topics and suspended members than I can remember. It was happening almost daily. And who'd think model trains could become so contentious? I even came close to being booted a few times because I became so offended at some of the nonsense that was being posted. I think I am cured now.

The Gauge from my experiences are more modeling oriented and as I recall most of the argumentative posts get pretty well ignored.

I'll look for Sprink to fire up the Sunday Photo Fun! I look forward to seeing some posts from Shaygetz, JWMurray, PDT, Jon Grant, Silicon, NYC-BKO and many others.

As usual, should be fun ...

DOG

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 131