Hello and need help

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Jimmyt68, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmyt68

Jimmyt68 New Member

First post and I need help with something that is really off topic.

One of my hobbies is fiddling, that is fiddling with modeling, wood working some minor electronics, and I love computers.

Bought a new glass front cabinet for some audio stuff and after several months figured I better add a cooling fan if we are going to continue to use it as much as we have. Everything went fine on the install it only took 4 hours. Wanted to make sure I did it right. The only thing is that I bought a 120v fan with the thought that I would use the switched outlet on the back of the tuner so that when it was turned on the fan would come on. You guessed right! It's an old JVC and both the outlets on the back are not switched. Alright measure twice and cut once.

Anybody know if I can do something to set up a switched outlet inside the tuner or know of a site I can go to that deals in that type of electrics?
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

First, welcome, and hope you stick around for the modeling.

Second, that's a stumper... I dabble a bit in electronics myself, so I feel your pain.

I don't know of any internal mods to add a switched outlet offhand, but you may want to try make.com or some of those sites... good luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.