Hello, all

ouizel

Just a quick introduction.

I've been building plastic models on and off for years. My focus is mostly on Star Wars and Le Mans racers. I've been lured to play with some paper models over the years; in high school I built a few paper ships and a castle as well as one of the Ribbet functional clocks (that mostly functioned :mrgreen:). More recently I've used a paper Tron Recognizer model as the basis for a plastic scratchbuild. Over the past few months my 8 year old son and I have built a few simple paper models together of things that interest him and I've been interested in some of the more complex projects that I've discoverd being done in paper - specifically the 1:430 Czech Sulaco project (I'm sorry, I don't recall the name of the designer) and the 1:96 NASA Crawler by Cyana in Austria.

Being unable to find readily-available A4-sized cardstock here in the US I've begun the Sulaco by printing it at 70% on standard letter-sized paper. I've begun the first portion of that project and, except for some re-work caused by lack of planning and forethought, it is going well.

Progress will be slow and sporatic based on 'real-life' demands but I look forward to sharing progress as well as finding inspiration in other's work.

Thanks, all.

Z

Zathros

Start a build thread on it, and post some pics! :welcome1: aboard!! If there is anyway we can offer assistance, let us know. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum. As Zathros said, if you need any assistance or advice, let us know, and we will do what we can to help you or guide you in the right direction.
I am looking forward to seeing your Sulaco build.

Once again welcome aboard.