Hello All...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by CharlieD, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

I was looking for the Card Model Faq (by Steve Case) and it seemed to have disappeared...and found this site instead...so here I am. :)

I have paper-modeled off and on for years (more off than on) and am now back into an "on" cycle. At the moment I have a fairly severe cold/flu so I've been out of the office for a few days and was going stir-crazy...and decided to jump back into modeling.

I've built up quite a collection and rationalized it to my wife by saying that I'm simply preparing early for retirement...since it will be "cheaper" to by the kits now rather than in the future with inflation, etc. Yes, she simply rolls her eyes. :roll:

I'm currently working on an older Wilhelmshaven kit, the Najade, to slowly get back into the swing of things and identify what tools/etc. I need to repurchase. This morning I just finished attatching the deck to the frame and will be mounting the first pieces of infrastructure/hull sides.

I tend to collect/build Warships (WWII+) although I've also completed the occasional castle and eventually plan to attempt some of the Cathedral kits that are out there.

In the "real-world" I'm a group engineering manager at a software development company out in the Bay Area/California.

2. Clashster

Clashster Member

Hi Charlie! Welcome! I think this link is what you were looking for:

I don't believe it is being updated, but still tons of info!

I too have card modeled off and on for many years, but have really got back into it in the past couple of months. Love ships of any type - I am eyeing many of the WWII kits available and pre -WWI kits. Look forward to seeing some pics of your build!:grin:
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome neighbor!!!
    Lots of cut-ups here...LOL
    Tons of information, advice and eye candy!
    The members are friendly too!:grin:
    Be sure to post some pics of your cardmodels...SOON!
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold CharlieD! Glad to have you aboard. I served on the uss south carolina cgn-37 which was a revamped world war II battleship. Its been dismantled though :(

Anyway - welcome and hope to see some pics! (we like those if you cant tell) ;)
  5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Hello and Welcome Aboard

Hello CharlieD,

Good to see you finally came to your senses..., Importance of the real World diminishes after a few minutes spent on Cardmodeling. Bending, folding, scoring, cutting, and general paper mutilation can be quite calming. I think you'll find the inmates of this institution on the friendly side if not sometimes nosey. Be sure to build and better yet be sure to show what you build.

Welcome Aboard! -Gil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.