Hello all!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by imported_///M, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I'm a new member. I stumbled upon this site searching for an origami model of an SR-71 Blackbird. I found the thread that took me to Mike Bauers design. I was immeadiatly hooked. I knew that Card Stock models existed, but I had no idea they were so diverse, and so detailed. I look forward to working on the projects available at this site. God bless the internet.

My whole life I have loved scale models of all kinds. The plastic mopdel business has changed I feel. The models are getting cheaper, and less detailed. This is sad. It seems to me that paper models can get extremely detailed, and have room for custom modification as well. Not so the case with plastic model (at least as easily) unless you have a rapid prototype machine, and 3d modeling software.

I graduated college with a degree in product design and learned "Inventor" "Solidworks", and some rendering software. Hopefully some time soon I will be able to post some of my own designs, as creating these types of card models would be very easy using 3d modeling software. See ya around!
  2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Wellcome to the forum!

Here you'll find true artists on the paper modeling world. They will inspire you. Keep coming for news, tips and inspiration. You won't regret it.

And yes, upload photos of the work as you work on them.
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

YES! photo's, we LOVE photo's here!
    Welcome to the forum! I am so happy to see a designer-hopeful join this group. Like milenio3 said, they will inspire you, and if you pay close attention, they'll amaze you. Great group of very talented artists here!
  4. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Oh, and ///M remember, take thewoodengraver's challenge, ok?
  5. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Welcome! I'm new myself and can attest that these folks are very helpful and inspiring.
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Welcome to the fold! pun intended:grin:

We all learn from each other........... just some of us (me) still have lots to learn:grin:

7. Thanks all! I will def remeber the challenge. Building other peoples designs are good for practice, but when you build your own you get a much greater sense of accomplishment. I will try not to let u down! My main interest right now is flying models. I started building white wings when I was 8. Hopefully I will come up with some good ideas to get some of these designs airborn. I saw the video of Mike Bauers SR-71's maiden voyage, and it gave me great hope! Again thanks for the warm welcome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.