hello all :)

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by histbuff1190, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

well... not much to say. i build paper models in my spare time, taking a particular interest in pioneer craft. im from Ohio and have been paper modeling for over a year now. im a mechanical wizard (i fix old watches, clocks, engines, etc...) and an ameteur engineer and architect. cant think of anything else to put :-?
  2. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Wecome to group. I think you will enjoy the folkes here. Every one is willing to help out and answer questions.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy histbuff1190

Welcome to the forum glad to have ya here, if ya have any questions or wanna know where to find models or whatever, all ya gotta do is ask, with over 2000 members, someone will have an answer.

again, welcome to the forum,

Greg aka GW
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I always have an answer...unfortunately it is all too often, "I dunno..."
  5. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

wow... warm welcome :grin: anyone know where to find a good FREE Demoiselle No.20? i had one a while back but my computer crashed and i have since been unaible to locate it again :( and is anyone here interested in flight sims?

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy histbuff1190,

I cant help ya with the model but, I recently found a site which has to do with all types of wargames and flight sims. Its also a forum identical to this one (in its operation, both of the sites are vbulletin sites). Anyway, the link to it is: http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/index.php?
    I have been meaning to post the link here for a few days, the site not only deals with gaming, but they are also historical buffs too. With discussion threads on war campaigns of wwII, discissions on weapons of war, a running thread on "what aircraft is this" and the ppl there are nice also.
    I have been turning them all onto the world of cardmodeling in the few days I have been there. And its like a whole new world to them. They have a plastic modeling discussion thread going on, but seem to have never heard of cardmodels which suprised me due to the "wargaming" theme of the site.
    Anyway, I would recommend it to anyone. This site and that site somewhat compliment each other, whereas they are the ppl who talk about and play, we are the ppl who build and talk about.
    But check it out if you get the chance.

Have a good evening,

7. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

8. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

ive built that one... VERY SMALL, but it does come out nicely :smile: i had found one on a site in a foreign language, as i couldnt read any of the page i put down the type of aircraft i knew it was (but not the exact title so i couldnt run a search on it). all i remember is the site was in a foreign language and background was tan :(
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Yes...this model does come out real small. That is the only one I was aware of. If you do come across the one you remember, please pass the link on to me as one of my main interests is in the early, pioneering flying machines.
  10. angevine

angevine Member

Fiddlers Green did a 1907 model
  11. jcrespo

jcrespo Member

12. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

it wasnt the FiddlersGreen model, well... it might have been a bootleg version of it, im not sure. it was a while ago. i did find a nice model of a pioneering aircraft at a russian site.... have to dig up the link.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.