Hello All form a new member :)

jwinters

Hello,

I have finally found a decently populated model railroading forum.
I look forward to exchanging with you all in the future.

I do have an initial question.... Is there a specific forum or area that discusses vintage kits?
I have a huge stockpile of old rolling stock and structure kits; ambroid, central valley, Campbell, main line, etc... I would love to be able to talk to others that prefer these wood and metal kits over the plastic variety. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Sincerely,

Jack

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Hi Jack and welcome aboard!

As for your question, we really don't have a specific forum regarding vintage kits but I'm guessing you'll get some response in either the forum related to their scale (HO?), General Talk, or Scratchin and Bashin'. We have members with a wide range of experience in model railroading so its likely that some will be very happy to talk about this topic.

Regards,
Ralph

jwinters

Thanks all :)

I will poke around a piece; I am just thrilled to talk trains again. I just dug out all of my old kits and my old Model railroader magazines; I have a bunch from the 50's 60's etc... I am getting that itch again to start a project :)

Thanks for the kind welcome :)

:wave:

Pooh Bah
Hi and welcoms Jack.

Do you have any Paul Moore kits? I have a coach made from one of them. I plan to put a photo of it in this month's contest.

steamhead

Hi,

Welcome to the Gauge. I have an Ambroid watermelon car kit that gives me the shivers just to look at it. It's got about two hundred "sticks" of all manner shapes and sizes. One of these days I'm going to bite that bullet. I enjoy building the "Ye Ol' Huff & Puff" (wood & metal) kits. Great fun!!

Gus (LC&P).

Russ Bellinis

Welcome aboard the site with nicest bunch of model railroaders on the net, Jack! There are modelers here with skills at all levels and preferences.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Welcome Aboard, Jack... I'm the same way even though I have the layout built....

I'll look at it for a month or so, then get the itch to build something and I add to it :) :)

Have fun here and ask any questions you like :)

shaygetz

Welcome to The Gauge, Jack...already droolin' at the thought of seein' some old school railroading done here:thumb: