Heki Trees

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Anyone interested in 50 Heki trees ranging from 1" to 4", will do a swap for a couple of Donkey engines, cast or otherwise. Must be HO gauge.

trees.jpg

waver.gif

http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Andy, I will get a photo of it and show it tomorrow, going to watch the F1 Prix. starts at 6.00pm

By the way, there are more than 50, I found a few more today

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 06-10-2001).]

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Hi shamus
We'll be making our own trees, sometime next year..(I'll be usin' your article)...for the club layout, once we relocate, but we will need houndreds, eventually. It looks like Andy's got the 'first option. Keep me posted. I'll be looking around for some donkeys for you, one way or the other; if I find one, I'll just send it along to you...and maybe some photos of the proto in operation in the Redwoods.

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Hey, great lookin' "donkeys" .
Scratch built!!!??? What in th' world to ya need manufatured for???? Hmmm...not enough time in a day...????
How long did the covered one take to build?
Looks very 'proto' to me.
Oh, I just remembered where I saw a real one...outside the Georgia Pacific Mill in Fort Bragg, Ca. ..restored, part of a "History of North Coast Logging" display, back in the early 70s. Get back to you soon, shamus.
Cheers
VGN
cool.gif

ps: I'll keep my eyes open for some fine 'cable'wire you could use for your chokers and 'drag line'..if you used a little burnt sienna/burnt umber on that 'twine', it might pass for hemp hauser line, in use 'til the turn of the century or just beyond, when twisted cable came into it's own up here on the north coast, as I recall from some source or another.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 06-12-2001).]

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi VGN,
TYhe covered one took about 3 hours to make from bits and pieces from my bits box.
I shall need three for the new area, and the bought ones are great to put into a covered logskidder.
Shamus
waver.gif

NARA Member #24
http://www.badger-creek.co.uk