Heavy load

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Nov 16, 2001.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Here's a couple of climax's treading gently downgrade on the curved trestle.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Shamus;

Again, another one of your outstanding photos of your outstanding layout!

I'm curious about the percentage of grade on that section of track, particularly on the trestle? What is the steepest grade you have on the Badger Creek?

Peace

Bob
  3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Trestle and grades

Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the remarks, the steepest grade on the Badger Creek is now 5%, the trestle is 3% over 9' in length.
    Shamus
    [​IMG]
  4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Fantastic shot, my friend!
    Are those Climaxes by any chance MDC/Roundhouse kits?
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

MDC

Charlie, thanks friend,
    They are MDC kits, but only the chassis's were used. The bodies were put in the trash box, and new bodies were scratchbuilt.
    If you want the drawings for the bodies, I have them on computer.
    Cheers
    Shamus
    [​IMG]
  6. Bob Collins

Shamus;

I just have to ask! What is the "thing" in the very foreground of your picture? It looks to be wooden with some sort of metal "brace" on the side.

Bob
  7. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Bob,
    That "thing" is a scratchbuilt Diesel re-fueling unit, here's a photo of it.
    Cheers
    Shamus
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Bob Collins

Shamus;

Different view.......whole new perspective. Looks great when I can see more than just the very top piece. Also when you have a shot that gives an indication of size in relationship to things closer to where it stands.

Think your shots should have been included in the recent MR article regarding illusions:D

Bob