Heavy Duty Batteries vs. Alkaline Batteries

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by tennoken, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tennoken

tennoken New Member

I was wondering if anyone else has been suckered into buying those "Heavy Duty" Batteries. I was once and i ended up in the long run spenting twice as much as i would have if i had just bought the Alkaline Batteries like i was wanting to. The Heavy Duty batteries just seemed to whimp out after a very short time. But my Alkaline Batteries are still going strong. What does everyone else think?
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I just go for rechareables, they will cave you alot of money over time!
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

they also hold the power longer...i saw a chart with alkaline, nimh and nicd batteries and the alkaline power went down ona 45 degree angle but the other 2 rechargables held a charge for a while and then dropped...nimh are better then nicd but lith-ion are the best it holds the full charge and then jsut dies.lol
  4. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

rechargeables rock
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

screw them all and go with lithium polymer batteries ha ha ha he he he
  6. racinggal6

racinggal6 New Member

Man I had the same experience with the heavy duty batteries. They are by far the worst batteries I have ever used. I spent a ton of money replacing them every other day if not sooner. I gave up and now I only use alkaline batteries. I will pay a little more for them but at least I know I am getting my money's worth. Im not a fan of rechargeable since I am always on the go and they become a hassle for to remember to charge them let alone find a charger.
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Enagiser makes a charger for about 30 bucks and it will charge 4 batts, AA or AAA in 30 mins! I myself have a hevty load of rechareables.

BTW

Welcome to the board :D
  8. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Alkalines give you a power curve slowly loosing power untill dead. The NI-CD/MH drop to dead very quickly after the charge is gone. LI-PO batteries last so long that the drop-off doesnt really matter to me. LOL
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

im gonna get some li-po's some day... when I have money lol
  10. fatdaddy

fatdaddy New Member

man, you can never go wrong with alkaline. it is the smart shopper's choice. he heck with the rest. nothing stands up to the test of time like an alkaline. it's even proven statistically and scientifically

fat daddy

[8]
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

dude, lipos would rule them any day
  12. mantas44

mantas44 New Member

He wasn't asking about rechargables if that means anything. Some people don't have the option or can't use them all the time. Anyways alkaline batteries are way better than heavy duty ones for a lot of different reasons. One of the biggest benefits to alkaline is that they store their charge for a really long time while with most rechargable batteries they lose their charge in about a month. Heavy duty don't store their charge nearly as long either. Alkalines will last about 4 times longer or more in any application than heavy duty ones. Alkalines also hold their charge up until they finally die while heavy duty ones start losing it even though they'll still power whatever they're in. For example if you put heavy duty batteries in a flashlight the flashlight will start to dim after a while, with alkalines the flashlight will remain the same brightness until the battery finally goes out. Alkalines are great batteries. Heavy duty ones are just a cheap marketing gimmick that will die quickly on you. Hope this helps you out some. Just my 2 cents

Mantas44
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.