Heat Wave

rockislandmike

With yet another heat wave about to blow through our fair city, I took the opportunity tonight to work like mad on my layout in the garage, before it gets too sweltering to work in there.

And, ta-da, I'm very pleased to say, after five straight hours of nothing but full-fledged effort, I was able to finish off the outer loop, so now I can have trains go around and around on top of the layout, as well as the UP Canyon Run (which is hidden except for the canyon region).

I'll be adding turnouts, bridges, and tunnels as time (and budget) plows forward, but at least I can run new locos around and around when I get them, and I can also start scenicking some areas in preparation for winning that durned contest!!!!

:D :D :D

( well, after the heat wave dissipates, at any rate )

Mike, yes congrats on the progress on the layout. Glad to hear that you can run the loco's.
Right now our weather very hot and predicting hotter for the next few days. Not complaining, better that that cool wet weather.
Going to be up your way 18th to 20th. will leave you a note on the message board. Ron.