Heads Up On A Sale!!!

Vic

Starting tomorrow at the HOBBY LOBBY craft stores all model railroad accesories will be 50% off. They don't have much in the way of craftsman model railroad stuff but they usually have a good selection of Woodland Senics groundcovers, bushes, trees and ballast. Check it out if you have one near you.

Thanks for the heads up! Looked up the ad in my local paper and sure enough, 1/2 off. Will be heading by there tomorrow to load up on stuff!:D

jon-monon

Thanks Vic! I'll be going there during my lunch hour. Our store has a pretty good supply of ground foam, ballast, classic metal autos, and atlas turnouts. They even have the $3 WS bag of twigs like you can get in your back yard :D

Whatever you do, don't be tempted by the MP flextrack.

I turned over about $70 to Hobby Lobby today for a cartfull of Woodland Scenics stuff, so I guess I better get busy on some better looking scenery in the new year. Thanks again for the heads up on the sale.

roryglasgow

I always look out for this sale. Normally, Hobby Lobby sells their train stuff at full retail price, but during the sale I think they have the lowest prices around! (For example, $7.50 for an Atlas standard remote turnout.)

We visited one yesterday and I got some landscaping supplies, a pair of Classic Metalworks 1948 Ford Woody trucks, and a Bachmann Iron Duke train set. I figured that the set was a bargain for the price because I'd get the locomotive, cars and a new power pack (for my office layout) for less than the MSRP of the locomotive itself. I'm a happy camper! :)