Heading down the highway

ezdays

Out AZ way
Just in case anyone hadn't noticed, but I haven't been posting any MRR questions lately or even any pictures. There is good reason. We have put our house up for sale here in Wickenburg and plan on moving closer to the Phoenix metro area. We are busy packing everything that is not essential right now and that includes a lot of my RR stuff. The bad news is that I haven't touched my layout in over two months. :cry: The good news is that once we move, our new house has a room I can dedicate to my layout.:thumb:

The one thing we will miss living in this rural area are the views and solitude. We are trading that for the convience of living closer to everything including our friends and family and stores.

We don't expect any real action on selling this house until after the holidays, and they just started construction of our new house so it will be a good four months before we can move in. :sleeping: I have a flooplan of our new house in case anyone is interested.:rolleyes:

edit: I tried to put in a link to the URL for a virtual tour of our current house but I think it's too long and this forum won't accept it. For some reason it either adds "The_gauge" to the front, or it trunkcates it.

I just wanted to share this with you. In case I disappear for a while, you'll know why.:wave:

Don

jawatkins

Well, Don - sometimes to move two steps forward you have to take a step back! This is just a short term thing and soon you'll be moved and "back on track"!

Clerk

Congrats on your future new home Don. And your own train room. Looking forward toward pictures of the new right of way and as you progress on the new layout... When the wife and I moved into our present double wide mobile home, I was really looking forward to the new train room, (new to me anyway) Beleive me it is wonderful as you will be also.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Hey, thanks for the well wishes. I'm excited, not only because we will be living closer to where we want to be, but I'm looking forward to having a 12' x 12' room that I can use exclusivly for my layout and not working on it in the garage. :thumb: That's like having Santa coming early and staying.:wave: :wave:

In the meantime, I saved some kits to build and I can make a lot of trees. :D

Still would like to know why that link wouldn't post like it should.

Don

grumbeast

Congrats on the new train room! (and home :) )

I was blessed with a wife who bought our home (with me away in another province) and was insitent on a basement room for my railroad! so I have an 11x11 room dedicated (its a lovely size, your 12x12 is going to be just that little bit nicer :)
)

Graham

Sir_Prize

Hmmm....
Does it have a spare room?
Jus' in case one of us Gaugers is on the road. Might swing by and
give a hand with the new layout. Most likely shooting the breeze.
;) :rolleyes:

Congrats on getting a Trainroom and the best on the new digs.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yep, gottum spare room and any Gauger is more than welcome.:wave:

Note to Pete (sumpter250): This house is guaranteed to be snake free.:thumb: :rolleyes: A few rabbits maybe, but we are leaving the rattlers, coyotes, javalina and a few other nasties behind in Wickenburg.:D :D I'm not sure, but I think that snake was the turning point where my wife thought that moving wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Don