Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by John Griffin, Oct 10, 2005.

1. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

I just learned about cardmodels.net... I am amazed to find so many other's like myself who are into designing their own models. Here are some images of my first passable design; a 1/24 Hawker Tempest. I am finishing up my own 1/24 P-47 in my spare time. If I ever get araound to it I will make up some istructions for them...
  2. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

A little help need uploading my images...

Apparently, I don't know what I'm doing. Can anyone out there tell me how t oget my images posted with thie thread? I used the 'manage attachments' button- but where are they?

John G.
  3. charliec

charliec Active Member

The gotcha might be the image size - the max. size is 39K per image. The error message telling you the image is too large is not very obvious when you try to upload.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy and welcome John G.,

First let me welcome you to our little community, we are glad to have you here.
    If you have the image on a website, you can click the little post card looking thingy (looks like it has two mountains and a stamp on it when you are writing a posting here), and then insert the photos address in the "pop up box" that appears when you click the post card looking thingy lol. (dont you love hi tech terminology)?
    Other wise when posting look below the text box and find "Additional Options " and click the "manage attachments" button. Then browse thru your computer, select the photo and download it. There is a size limit. Should you have no way to resize a photo, you can email it to me and I will resize it for you and send it back to you for posting if you wish.
    My email is GEEDUBBYA@prodigy.net if you wish to go that route.
    Again, welcome to the forum and we are glad to have you here.

have a nice day,

Greg aka GW
  5. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

OK. Thanks, that's what I did. I did notice the file size error this time (max 39.1K)... but I see some 900K images posted (like the weird 3-engined Luftwaffe aircraft of Kevin Wafer)... how do they do that?
    I can re-size mine to 39K but they look cheezy... but that's what I will do!
    Any suggestions on how to maintain image quality and reduce file size at the same time?
  6. Joseph

Joseph Member

The Kevin Wafer picture is an external link.
    For very big images, the best is to put an tag and have the picture on another server (yours or where the source image is).
    Best regards,
  7. modelincard

modelincard Member

My way of posting images is to upload them to a directory on my website, then type [​IMG] in my post. If you don't have your own website, some people use http://www.imageshack.us/ which seems to be free (at least, that's what they claim). I don't know if they have size restrictions, but if they do, you would at least be able to upload bigger pix.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

No, I dont know how they get the big images here except when they are taken from a website and posted as an image. I have always just made sure mine were small to begin with. Or worst case I shrink em til they fit lol.
    If you need an easy to use free website you can call your own you might try www.1hwy.com . The price is right....FREE.... and set up and posting is real easy, I set them up for people I do "fake photos" of them and their fav celebrities. If you would like one of those free sites and need some help, you have my email addy and all ya haveta do is hollar and I will be more than happy to help ya. If you find that you dont like that particular site, I know of other free places to get a website.....all of the free sites are ad supported though, but if its just for storage of photos, it works fine.

Have a good evening,

Greg aka gw
  9. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I would suggest the http://imageshack.us/ It really is free - I posted some photos through there and nobody asked me for my credit card yet...
    When you upload photos there, it will create links for you to copy and paste in your post so you will have thumbnails, which when clicked, will take the viewer to their site and full size photo.
    I deleted those photos as irrelevant to the topic.
  10. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

Here are my images

Here are the photos- GW helped me out- resized my images. I tried to do it in photoshop, but I couldn't get them to look as good when I scaled them down. Magic I guess.
    There are 3 shots of my Tempest and one of the P-47 during construction. They are large modele- about 22" span each. GW was asking in an email whether I plan to sell any... well, I'd need to create instructions first... that seems harder than creating the models! Thanks all for helping me get this stuff up here.

Attached Files:

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

I thought that looked suspisciously like a P47 lol, but I thought ....."who am I...." lol. I know you probably arent real fond of not being able to post the pics where they can't be seen in the thread and If you wanna get you one of the free websites I mentioned I would be happy to help ya if you need help, or there is also www.facelink.com ....its for pictures of yourself, but can be used for other photos too like an album.
    Anyway, sorry that I titled the P47 like I did, but I didnt wanna lose the pic among my files in my puter.
    If you dont want a site of your own and would just like to have some place to "host" your photos I dont mind storing them in my site and giving you the link to them, then you could do the [ img ] thing and post the full size pics.
    Just let me know if you want to do any of the above, I try to be accomadating lol.

Have a good evening, I am fixinta go build some transformers so that someone can get their lights and power back on soon.

Greg aka GW
  12. jlinscheid

jlinscheid Member

Outstanding model John! What tools did you use to design it?

13. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

wow my freand first of all wellcom to cardmodels.net :)

what a g8 models nice disign and g8 clen work

can u send us smoe more pic of the models or some more info about thets 2 g8 models?

i want it and i want it now :)
  14. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

did some one delit my messeg or somthing?:(

i all the time post messeg and they dellit after copel of minuts:(
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Heck I'd even attempt it with out instructions! :grin:

Hey Leif..................big planes! Look!

16. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

Very nice models. I will buy them without instructions! Just let us have them, pleeeese.
  17. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

18. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Use the second link they give you "Thumbnail for forum (1)" to post the photo as thumbnail.
    If you want to post the full size photo, go to "Vist your images panel" - left top under the frog, and use first link provided, labeled "Forums"

Hope this helps.

And this is one excellent model by the look of those parts!
  19. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi John,

Very nice color and weathering...you did it in Photoshop? that kit have cockpit interior? very impressed
  20. Joseph

Joseph Member

What a great weathering!
    what about a tutorial? :grin: