Hawker Sea Fury is available for download

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Jun 13, 2006.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Today I just upload 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury into Rapidshare server and let's modeller to download this model again...please visit http://thaipaperwork.com to download seafury, welcome for all commercial model's support too

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Nice coloring Nobi! I love this plane!

Thank you very much for sharing it with us!

3. Thanks, Nobi! Not just for the Seafury but all of the free models you have made available.

Tom Williams, Jr.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I did this model - very nice build! Those darn winf fillets at the root get me every time though - I havent quite been able to get the hang of them.
  5. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

Thank you NOBI for this wonderful model.

This is my first non-Fiddlers-Green aircraft and I am having a very nice time with it. The fit is perfect so far (I have completed the fuselage) and the graphics are lovely.

I've hit a bit of a stumbling block as I am not sure yet how I am going to handle the horizontal stabalizer spar. Also, what is the normal proceedure reguarding the wings. Do you attach the spar/ribs assembly to the fuselage, then skin the wings or do you build the two wings seperately and then glue them into the fuselage?

Take care, and thanks again for the generous gift,

Kenny Horne
    Edmonton Canada

ps to all Hockey fans - Go Oil :)
  6. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Dear Kenny,

Thank you very much for your word. about wing...do it seperately then glue into fuselage. assemble wing spar then appy wing's skin into. glad that you like my style of design :)
  7. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

I have FINISHED the Sea Fury. What a delightful build :)

Here are a couple of photos.

This is by far the most complex model that I have completed, and am very pleased. I received your tip on skinning the wings then attaching them too late, though I am happy to report that you are able to attach the wing skins to the spar/ribs after they have been inserted into the fuselage :)

I made a small alignemt error on the final fuselage section, which resulted in the tail section being a couple of degrees off square. You only notice it when looking straight on but something I would be careful about next time. The wing fillets were difficult, and I am sure that others have done a neater job, but those compound curves are hard...

My favorite view is close up from the bottom, looking at the landing gear and wheel. From that angle you see the can clearly see that the wheel is a laminate, and the strut is simply a tight roll of paper. Ahhh :)

Thanks again NOBI, and you'll be hearing from me again soon,

8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Good Job Ken!

You will find Nobi's design very good to build. His attention to fit and detail are something I have enjoyed!

9. Texman

Texman Guest

Nice clean build ya got there Ken! And the print turned out well. May
    I inquire as to the printer you use?

10. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

John & Ray,

Thanks for the kind words. I am currently using an Epson C84. I have a love hate with Epsons. They do print great and the ink is vey nice as it doesn't bleed when wet, and it doesn't fade in the sun. That being said the ink is too expensive, and the printer will die without warning. This is my thrid printer in about 5 years. The printers are essentially free though, as they cost about as much as it does to replace the four ink cartriges :-()

I often use Epson Matt Heavyweight paper too as the prints using this paper is fantastic. The paper is expensive, a bit thin, and is coated (the coating/ink will chip off if you are not careful) so I don't use it alll the time. I used normal bulk cardstock for this model, which was probably a good idea as I had to manhandle the poor bird a little roughly to correct mistakes I was in the middle of making. (Isn't it funny how quickly glue dries when you screw up :) ) One of the big problems with the coated paper is that if you have a little glue on your finger and you pull your slightly sticky finger off of a joint you are holding together, some of the coating/ink can pull off leaving you with a white spot. I really plan to build this model again soon as it was a great learning experience for me, and next time I will use the Epson Matt Heavyweight paper. The difference is worth it.

All this being said, I've read how most people just can't be bothered with the Epson's and their inherent problems.