Hawker Sea Fury - 1:72

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by origami.pl, Jan 25, 2007.

1. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Beautiful, definitely my next aircraft build.
  2. barry

barry Active Member

Your Wasp looks superb
  3. july1772

july1772 Member

I believe origami designed the small aircraft which Highlander used on his USS Essex. If you haven't already done so, check out the North American Furys that origami designed; like all of his aircraft, they're awesome. Here's a direct link:
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

5. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

6. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Well actually I was thiniking a bit smaller than 1/72 for the Maggie, but it was only about 2/3rds the size of the Essex Class, of which the USS Wasp was one if I am not mistaken.

I think that I'd be satisfied with just a section of flight deck and the Island. for display purposes.
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Is the Wasp your design? If it is are you going to release her as a kit? And if it is a kit already where can we get one?
  8. origami.pl

origami.pl New Member

Thanks guys for your kind words.:)
    Yes I designed aircraft for Highlander’s Essex but only Helldiver and Dauntless. Hellcat and Avanger are designed by Grzegorz Nowak – a professional designer. I only adjusted their schemes to Essex carrier and resized to 1:300. Grzegorz let me share these aircrafts for no-comercial use on my website.

Rick, it’s a good idea with this flight deck. I’ll try to prepare something like that, but I must find some materials referring to flight deck of HMCS Magnificent.

Cmdrted, yes Wasp is my design. I doubt if I can release that kit after I finish because most of works I made directly on the model – without computer and I don’t have any documentation of it. Mayby next project...
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Looking forward for that Hawker.

10. origami.pl

origami.pl New Member

Dutch version is ready.
    Now it's time to go... to Canada :)
  11. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Folding wings even?

I'm really looking forward to your bird with the leaf on it.
  12. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

Me too!
  13. origami.pl

origami.pl New Member

This is the final episode of Hawker Sea Fury build. All three versions are ready.
    I'd like to thank to Rick Thomson for his contribution to build of Canadian version and yaniv for many interesting schemes of Sea Fury.

Chris :)
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Very nice looking models, Chris!8)
    Thank you!

15. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

very nice models my friend
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Those are great!
  17. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice work Chris.
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Rick............because the US Navy has a habit of continuing ship names, it can be confusing.

But this will help on the WASP............

The eighth USS Wasp (CV-7) was a United States Navy aircraft carrier.
    She was the sole ship of her class. Built to use up the remaining tonnage allowed to the United States for aircraft carriers under the treaties of the time, she was built on a reduced-size version of the Yorktown class hull.

The ninth USS Wasp (CV-18 ) of the United States Navy was an Essex-class aircraft carrier. The ship was laid down as Oriskany on 18 March 1942 at Quincy, Massachusetts, by the Bethlehem Steel Company; renamed Wasp on 13 November 1942, in honor of her fallen predecessor CV-7.

19. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

how did you do the whethering? and what did you make the cocpits out of? and what type of paper did you use?

20. origami.pl

origami.pl New Member

Hi Barry,

The whetering I made using Photoshop. The model was printed on 180g paper on color laserjet. The cockpit I made using paper mould with plaster filling:
    Next I warmed up transparent plastic using hot air gun.

Chris :)