having trouble finding the right motor

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by RC King, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC King

RC King Member

where can i get a motor that is made to run 8-20 cells with cobalt magnets?
  2. digdug72

digdug72 Member

3. RC King

RC King Member

how fast?
  4. RC King

RC King Member

that guy runs brushless motors which i dont like.i need a brushed motor with the cobalt mags.i used to see them online for $220 each.but i cant find them anymore.
  5. digdug72

digdug72 Member

he has some set ups that are not brushless, his new 4wd rustler isnt brushless
  6. RC King

RC King Member

well i saw a pic of it and that IS brushless but he even says that it pulls wheelies like crazy so being 4 wheel drive makes is slower of the line.he should build a rear wheel drive one with the 2 motors and wheelie bar it.it would have less resistance and weight so it would be faster.
  7. digdug72

digdug72 Member

well I just tried to help rc king
  8. RC King

RC King Member

i hear ya.thanks
  9. redheat

redheat Member

RC KING what the heck do you no about motors or engines? Your about the most uninformed guy on this forum, take a break and read a book before posting your line of crap, RED
  10. RC King

RC King Member

well it is obvious you dont have an answer to help me.
  11. redheat

redheat Member

Cobalt mags what are you talking about , your insane or ...RED
  12. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I checked out his stuff, Brushless is gonna be the way to go I bet you in the long run most stuff is gonna be run by brushless because of the efishency(totaly screwed up on that buts it OK, you know what I ment!) And also the power they can take for longer periods of time. Right now with my mini t its producing over 90,000 RPM's.. I would like to see a brushed motor do that.
  13. RC King

RC King Member

ok to inform you they are a type of magnet
  14. redheat

redheat Member

Well tell me more , What pull do they have on the armature ? RED
  15. RC King

RC King Member

i have had brushed motors dyno tuned @ well over that.which were and are much bigger motors than what you have in the little mini car.and have about 5 times the amount of torque.brushless is better though.no brushes to replace,less resistance which is nice but if both motors run 6 cells the brushed motor is much faster which most people dont know.the brushless set ups are great for running more than 6 cells.they can run 14 cells without a problem.try doing that with a brushed motor and you are very limited in comm and brush life but you will have more power to the drive wheels if freshly set up but just for a short period of time/runtime.

in the next 10 years brushless will make brushed motors just a thing of the past.
  16. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

k lets see you said the same thing I did they will make brushed motor odsoleat.BUT as for more power at the wheels, I don't think so buddy. How do you figure that you will have more power? Brushless motor are made to handle it they get more powerful the more volts they have unlike brush motors which will get hotter and die off, I don't see any power of efficency greater then a brushless..
  17. RC King

RC King Member

you dont see it because you lack in experience.
  18. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

you need to shut the heck up you piece of crap . I know more about this hobby then you do got it? So stop telling me I don't know what im talking about because I know I do!
  19. RC King

RC King Member

im sorry for making you feel offended but you needed the reality check.
  20. RC King

RC King Member

im sorry if i made you feel offended but you needed the reality check so take this a learning experience and enjoy the vidoes i sent.just click on the links.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.