Having problems with the free FTO

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GT5500, May 1, 2006.

1. GT5500

GT5500 Member

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Yeah, they took the download off of this page some time ago, but the good news is that it is still available.
    The bad news is, I can't remember where.
    I'll do some looking through my history folder and see if I can find it for you.:grin:
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I just tried the link you posted and it downloaded just fine for me! 11.5MB
    If you still cant get it let me know and I'll e-mail it too you in sections. Just PM me.
  4. Kaz

Kaz Member

Hmmmm, I left clicked the link, it downloaded, 11.5 Mb and opening it gave me the dreaded 'unexpected end of archive error' did a right click...save target as.. 11.6Mb...unexpected end of archive...
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I just received a similar message from 3 different unzipping programs.
    When I responded to this thread earlier, I had just tried downloading it, I didn't try to open it until now.
    Looks like a friendly e-mail to the site admin is in order....
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I found it!

I did some searching through all of the thousands of models I have downloaded and found a working copy!:grin:
    I knew I had already downloaded it from a different site, I just can't remember where.
    There are 4 compressed files in .lzh format which contain the pdf files as follows;
    parts - 17 pages - 8.5 Mb's
    english instructions - 9 pages - 1.2 Mb's
    clear parts - 1 page - 42 Kb's
    parts at 300 dpi - 17 pages- 1.5 Mb's
    I will email them to you if you would like. Just pm me your e-mail address.
    If you prefer, or if your mail won't accept large files, the 300dpi version will more than likely look exactly the same.
    Just let me know which one you want.:grin:
  7. GT5500

GT5500 Member

8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Have you tested it?
  9. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Yeah seems to work ok it haven't downloaded it fully as I now have a full copy of it.
  10. Kaz

Kaz Member

:) alls working here thanks.
  11. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Just been looking at older postings. Hadn't come across this car before. The download worked, and the zip extracted fine. Wow! What a complex model! The seats alone have about 10 parts each. Anyone know what is the best clear plastic that will work in a printer? I've only seen OHP transparency sheets for printing onto, and they're too flimsy for this.

12. error

just a little note for those thinking of building this model ...

i downloaded it ages ago when it was first available ...

gave up with the build at once when i found that the very first part (part 1) DOES NOT match up with the assembly drawings .....

anyways have fun lol
  13. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Hmmmm..... Not quite sure what you mean. I've just looked at the parts (on page 1 of mitsubishi_fto.pdf) and compared that with the appropriate place in the assembly drawings (page 4 of fto_assembly_en.pdf) and lo and behold, part No.1 (mount for inner wheelarches etc) is there on both. Do you mean it didn't fit? Or perhaps the whole thing has been revamped since you downloaded it. Check.
  14. hmmm

let me try and get a pic of what i mean .... brb
  15. this is what i mean

error with part 1

Attached Files:

• fto.JPG
      File size:
      20.3 KB
  16. Daniyal

Daniyal New Member

Totally confusing!

yea.. i saw that b4.. but when i started building it i ran into trouble with the axle n stuff (so detailed n the parts were so small).. i screwed up the axle and since then gave up on it.. Any1 able to complete it??