Have you finish assemble my Gotha Go P.60A yet?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, May 1, 2006.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

E-2 Hawkeye?
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

That would be my guess............. too narrow fuselage for a Greyhound and the additional fins to help stabalize with the large radar dome.

4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

I think i make a C-2 Greyhound but John make me confuse about how fat of fuselage so anybody have a 3 view of C-2 Greyhound to share with me? I think I know only E2C Hawkeye is a modification of C-2 Greyhound just only put a big radar on top...maybe im wrong so please correct me.
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

The C2 has a completely different fuselage, with a loading ramp, like a C130's in the rear.

gives a three view, although not the best quality, it'll give you an idea of the size of the fuselage

Create both types.....we need more Navy planes.
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I agree with Rob........... more NAVY planes please!

I think........and I could be wrong............ the Greyhound was an adaptation of the Hawkeye. Like Rob said the fuse is a bit larger(fatter), with a tail ramp for loading/unloading, and no dihedrial(sp?) to the stabillizer. This joker can deliver a complete F-14 engine and then some. COD planes are so cool!

Nobi check out www.navy.mil for pictures, they got lots of em!

7. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi there,

My next model, E-2C hawkeye mesh is finish. First I want to do a C-2A Greyhound and thinking E-2C Hawkeye is same model with C-2A Greyhound but I'm wrong...so this project will only E-2C Hawkeye. More Navy plane will come because Im Navy (2 year in service as private) :)

8. 46rob

46rob Member

I'll be sure to put that one on my "Gotta Have" list. Look forward to seeing the Greyhound, too someday. (US Navy Aviation Structural Mechanic-retired) Maybe some day you'll do an F3H Demon--first plane I worked on.
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

E-2C that's Cool! You know you can always count on a sale from me Nobi!

10. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Another picture if this day, nearly midnight here but I still work...now I finish add panel line into Hawkeye and hope I can finish unfold tomorrow. I dont know modeler want me to quick release model or not but now I'm fun to quick design :)

Thank you very much John, all support make me can release model more and more...my favorite NAVY aircraft is F-18 but Demon is still cool :)
  11. Texman

Texman Guest

If you design it, they will buy.
  12. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Aye, that we will, matey, that we will!:grin:

I wonder if Nobi could be convinced to turn his considerable talents towards the sea? Would be nice to see a Spruance class vessel ala what Yuki Yuji had started a while back but apparently lost when his computer crashed....just a dream, but what's the harm in dreaming?:wink:

13. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Today I rest for eye's relax, I nearly fall sleep at work desk today. Then I give chance to member about schema of E2C Hawkeye...who want me to paint E2C Hawkeye to your need please post a picture of Hawkeye you want (more detail make me can work easily) not only US NAVY...worldwide Hawkeye is welcome :)

@Jim, Only I need is 3 views drawing with crossection :)
  14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Nobi.

Here is a walk-around on the Hawkeye

And here are a couple of pictures

I'm going through the Navy site and will email you a zip file of the pictures if you would like. I haven't found a lot of pictures of the same version, but maybe they can help you with most of the usual marking lay-outs. Oh, and the new version of the Hawkeye has schimitar blades 8 instead of the 4.

I also tossed in a picture of both the Hawkeye and Greyhound flying together. So you could see what Rob and I was talking about.

Thanks Nobi.

Attached Files:

15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi John,

I cant see aircraft carrier name in tail...that is USS zaratoga or not? include serial number below NAVY too is that VAW-603? anybody can help? please
  16. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

hi nobi,

the aircraft (link in john's mail) is the plane of VAW-77 'Night Wolves', which belongs to the (Carrier Air Wing Reserve) CVWR 20 'AF'
    the aircraft (favorite schema) is a plane ov VAW-123 'Screwtops', which is assigned to CVW-1 (CVN-65 USS Enterprise, CV-67 J.F.Kennedy)

best wishes from austria
  17. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

for you, John :)
  18. 46rob

46rob Member

The aircraft is from VAW -123, "Screwtops", based at NAS Oceana or NAS Norfolk, assigned to carrier Air Wing One (AB). The ship's name is USS Saratoga CV-60, which was de-commissioned about twelve years ago (Forrestal Class). All E-2C Squadrons have a 600 series modex assigned-- by the way. In an Air Wing, 100 and 200 series are fighters, 300, 400, and 500 are Attack, 600 is early warning, 700 is ASW. Since the introduction of the F-18 into Atlantic fleet squadrons did not commence until the mid 80's, we can asume this picture was taken some time between 1986 and 1994.
  19. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

hi boys,

a photo from 602 of VAW-123 (Uss Enterprise)

greetings from austria

Attached Files:

20. 46rob

46rob Member

Carrier air wings are not assigned to a particular vessel, but are rotated as betweeen ships as the need arises. When a ship goes in for a yard period, it's airwing rotates to another ship. Squadrons are likewise rotated in and out of different airwings, dependent on the mission, and the capabilities of the ship to support the particular type. A carrier Air wing is a separate command, from the ship, and it's commander is of equal rank and stature as the carrier's captain. So, various ships, including the Kennedy, America George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, Forrestal, Saratoga can be accurateley represented on the fuselage. Additionally, squadrons often do Carrier quals on ships other than the one they're currently assigned to, based on availability. So an aircraft can be shown operating from nearly any ship, at one time or another. It can get a bit confusing at times, but if you've lived the life for several decades, it seems perfectly clear.