Has anyone using Paypal got this email

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jasbourre, May 19, 2005.

1. jasbourre

jasbourre Member

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Notification of Limited Account Access[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This e-mail is the notification of recent innovations taken by PayPal to detect inactive customers and non-functioning mailboxes.
    The inactive customers are subject to restriction and removal in the next 3 days.
    You must click the link to complete the process.

Please confirm account information by clicking here
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Did not get it, but sounds like a scam like so many other "please confirm your info" emails. If it really is Paypal (and you actually have an account) my approach would be - let it go, and re-register or re-activate when necessary.

3. Why me

Why me Member

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

While I didn't get that particular one (at least not yet), I have gotten several similar ones. It is fake. Don't click on any link in this type of e-mail. You should always type in the URL directly in your browser.
  5. Pete

Pete Member

Definitely a scam. Hovering your mouses' pointer over the link shows that it will take you to a site called com-bin.us
    Paypal and/or eBay will ALWAYS address you using your full name, not an email address.
  6. emt49

emt49 Member

yup its a scam report it to paypal asap and please tell us you didnt click on the link and put in your info
  7. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

if you did put any info it to this link contact credit card co. or bank and have them cancel the card or account.
  8. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I get them all the time. I don't have paypal or ebay and I don't deal with US banks, so I know these are phishing. I also don't want a mortgage again, thankyouverymuch.
    We have a phone scam locally where someone pretends to be from the water works department.
  9. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Hey, Jas, I have never had a paypal account and I recieved one saying I had to upgrade my info. :D

Some scam artists will try anything to get your info.
  10. absnut

absnut Member

It is someone "phishing" for your personal info. Report it to ebay........ I did when I got one several months ago.

11. Jodam

Jodam Member

I've had 8 of these over the last 6mths, & i don't have a paypal account,
    the lastest was from some other similar company, asking me to click here to collect a part payment of $1495AUD, did some checking with the latest Nortons professional, & found Trojan backdoor virus.
  12. Haven't had this one yet, however got an invoice from eBay for fees for items supposedly sold, including 3 Ducati motorcycles. Contacted them and awaiting reply

Just got a reply back. the invoice was from last year when someone hacked my password and used my ID to sell 3 motorcycles.
  13. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

I always get them myself, even from a bank saying I have to update my account. OK...Now if I only had an account with them.
  14. CalFlash

CalFlash Member

I got similiar mails and tried to find a place at e-bay to report them but couldn't find one. If they aren't any more interested in policing their customers, I prefer not to be one. I've explained this to a couple people I'd bought from and they have all agreed to accept other means of payment. Until I hear otherwise, I will no longer use PayPal.
  15. Pete

Pete Member

Just 'forward' the email (not 'reply') to spoof@ ebay.com if it appears from eBay; or to spoof@ paypal.com if it appears from Paypal - don't forget to remove the space after the @ symbol.