Has anyone using Paypal got this email

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Notification of Limited Account Access[/font]

Dear
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This e-mail is the notification of recent innovations taken by PayPal to detect inactive customers and non-functioning mailboxes.
The inactive customers are subject to restriction and removal in the next 3 days.
You must click the link to complete the process.
[/font]

Please confirm account information by clicking here

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Did not get it, but sounds like a scam like so many other "please confirm your info" emails. If it really is Paypal (and you actually have an account) my approach would be - let it go, and re-register or re-activate when necessary.

Andrew

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
While I didn't get that particular one (at least not yet), I have gotten several similar ones. It is fake. Don't click on any link in this type of e-mail. You should always type in the URL directly in your browser.
Doc

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I get them all the time. I don't have paypal or ebay and I don't deal with US banks, so I know these are phishing. I also don't want a mortgage again, thankyouverymuch.
We have a phone scam locally where someone pretends to be from the water works department.

I've had 8 of these over the last 6mths, & i don't have a paypal account,
the lastest was from some other similar company, asking me to click here to collect a part payment of $1495AUD, did some checking with the latest Nortons professional, & found Trojan backdoor virus.

Mar 25, 2005
Netherlands
Haven't had this one yet, however got an invoice from eBay for fees for items supposedly sold, including 3 Ducati motorcycles. Contacted them and awaiting reply

Just got a reply back. the invoice was from last year when someone hacked my password and used my ID to sell 3 motorcycles.

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
I got similiar mails and tried to find a place at e-bay to report them but couldn't find one. If they aren't any more interested in policing their customers, I prefer not to be one. I've explained this to a couple people I'd bought from and they have all agreed to accept other means of payment. Until I hear otherwise, I will no longer use PayPal.

Pete

Jun 2, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
www.hioutput.com
CalFlash said:
I got similiar mails and tried to find a place at e-bay to report them but couldn't find one.
Just 'forward' the email (not 'reply') to spoof@ ebay.com if it appears from eBay; or to spoof@ paypal.com if it appears from Paypal - don't forget to remove the space after the @ symbol.