has anyone tried paperville models?

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Uh, wow. I'm in the middle of my own papercraft project right now and was wondering what else was available. That's really amazing. I'd start with the $10 Paperville and make sure you have the technique down before buying those more expensive Ravenswood creations.

It's a good cheap way to quickly fill a layout with some substance while you work toward more permanent solutions. I've been thinking of doing the same thing.

petey

May 17, 2004
Another option are the heavyweight cardstock buildings published by Dover. 'Main Street' edition is very nice, containing 9 buildings, in full color, with 'interiors' visible through the windows. These are in a magazine, and you cut and put together. These buildings represent a small Southern town in the 1930s. Included are a small depot, and a great corner clothing & houselhold goods department store, it even includes an outside staricase. Published, also, is an 'Early New England Village' and a 'Western Frontier Town'. Cost, about, $7.00

do model railroad hobby shops carry paper models? my parents are visiting the usa (texas and california), and i asked them for a favor: buy some model railroad products. they'll probably buy some at houston (there seems to be several hobby shops there). we shop thru the internet rarely since we're afraid of credit card fraud. :(

I don't know about your hobby shops by mine in Northern Ontario they sell cardboard models. You can order direct from the web site at a cheaper price. www.modelingmadeeasy.com
An other choose would be to go to your Chapter's book store or online Chapter's an pick up this book.

048625478X_b.jpg
for about $3.00.

Do a google book search for A.G. Smith all of his cut outs are in HO.

Hope this helps.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
I'd really like some PDFs, or better yet open vector documents, that I could print myself. Having access to two color laser printers has made me less likely to buy such products the past several years ;)