Has anyone designed an old west wooden fort?

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by clif52, Jul 14, 2011.

1. clif52

clif52 Banned

Has anyone designed an old west wooden fort? I've been looking but no luck. I can't even find blueprints/diagrams showing the layout.

2. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

When I was about grasshopper size, there were some cereal boxes that had western forts for cut outs. Check out museums, especially those in the U.S.. Some of them have dioramas of the old west. I built one of Fort Wilderness Kentucky, when in High School (A long time ago) out of twigs. Over at papermodelers.com, in the download section are the plans for an early America Blockhouse which can be used by itself or as the corner towers for a fort. Which ever way you go, post some photos of your works. Enjoy and see you around the forums.
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Geez Silveroxide, you've built the rest of the Old West! This would be a great project. You have somewhere to park all of your stuff!:p
  4. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Space is at a premium at the moment. I enjoy the wild west and there are some free western buildings out there. This contract goes through, I will not have to worry about space next year. The Garage will my workshop. Either the one attached to the house or the detached garage.
  5. Vermin_King

Vermin_King Member

I'm anxious to see how this Johnny West project develops
  6. Eric Ferguson

Eric Ferguson Member

Try Seite 42. www.seite42.de/79_4e.htm It's a site with old Walt Disney stuff in German. Look under Wild West Fort. I think I've seen some othes online but don't know where. Hope this helps.
  7. clif52

clif52 Banned

Thanks to everyone for the input. Thanks Eric for the link I've downloaded them all:town, ranch, fort, and Mississippi river boat. I'm working on the Sheriff's Office this week. I've made a friend at a local sign shop that has a poster printer so I can draw my designs full size in Adobe Illustrator and get him to print them full size. Since I'm building Johnny West scale (11" tall figures) I'm using foam core, matte board, poster board and scavenged clear blister pack for windows. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to paint after assembly or print my textures out and wrap them around my parts. I think I'm starting with a Sheriff's Office first, then a redesign of the Johnny West Circle X Ranch, bunk house, stable, and corral. Then maybe a few more town buildings before I tackle the Fort or the river boat.

8. Eric Ferguson

Eric Ferguson Member

clif52, you're quite welcome. Sounds like a lot o' building ahead. Sounds like quite a project. Have Fun. Eric