Has anyone built a TROTSKIY plane???

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Stev0, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I am trying to build the typhoon with incredible difficulty.

1. No instructions. No indication on what is to be but from within the parts.

2. Some undesignated parts seem to just have no meaning whatsoever.

Anyone have anything to support this claim??? :cry: :?
  2. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

On his site you will find general instructions on how he intended his models to go together. While not the best system it does work and after you build one, the rest just fall into place.

Remember, his models are intended to fly and as such, some detail is ommitted or just sacraficed altogether.

The are fun little craft and do fly very well. My grandson loves them and even with flying, has maintained them and now has a good sized collection.

Hope this helps a little,
  3. bigtom

bigtom Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Once you figure out one of them it gets easier!
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

ugh! the translation is very bad.
  5. airbob

airbob Member

Ditto!!! The price is right but the detail is sorely lacking!!!:cry:
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I built two of them so far. have about 10 of them downloaded - about 2 more years to get the whole collection - ugh
  7. k5083

k5083 Member

It is tricky, but I find it helps to view it as sort of a puzzle. Most of the extra parts are there to reinforce the obvious parts for flying purposes, and if you try to match their shape with some part that you can figure it out, you will probably find it.

I still don't know whether most of the fuselages are supposed to have straight-sided cross sections or whether you are supposed to bulge out the sides with a little curvature; I like mine better bulgy.

8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I went bulged out as well on mine - They seemed to fit a bit better when ?squished? into a slightly rounded shape.
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Are the areas where the wings should be ... to be cut out?
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

For the ones I made the wings are flat and you cut slits in either side of the fuselage and slide it through. If you decide to give the wings a bit of real shape just expand the cut - I did this for one of the two I did and it made it look nicer.
  11. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

I never noticed any instructions..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  12. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Several years ago, Trotskiy had two pages which showed a mini build thread so to speak on his aircraft. I believe I have them on CD around here somewhere. If I can locate them, I'll zip them up and send to anyone who sends an email to ashrunner@gmail.com