Has anyone bought from www.1999.co.jp

MinnMonkey

I am curious if anyone has bought anything from 1999.co.jp? If so, how was there service? I am a bit nervous ordering internationally online.

KING_MEMPHIS

Hi MinnMonkey

I have not been dealing with this specific seller; but I have been dealing with sellers from USA, Germany (lots), Holland, Belgium and China - and all deals have been great. No probs at all. I have - knock knock on wood - never been cheated or had items lost in the mail.

In fact I've bought most of my MRR from eBay - and it have been a pleasant experience every time !

So why don't you just plunge in as well. :thumb:

If you're worried, then beware of the seller's rating: if it's 100% or close, don't worry - or you may buy something cheap for a starter to minimize your eventual loss and then go for the real thing later.

But again - I've never got any problems dealing internationally - not even with US sellers.;)

So - Good Luck !

bill937ca

I am curious if anyone has bought anything from 1999.co.jp? If so, how was there service? I am a bit nervous ordering internationally online.

Yes I have purchased from Hobby Search five or six times with no problem. It takes a week or so to process the order, but then they ship EMS which can be tracked on the internet. I'm very happy with my purchases.

Mail Tracking Service

EMS shipments arrive within a couple of days in North America.

I've no problems and have absolute confidence in buying from Hobby Search.

Periodically there are holiday weeks in Japan which may delay your order. Basically everything shuts down there for a week in late April, mid August and around New Years.

Japanese model railroad products are of very high quality but production runs are very short. Products available a month or two ago could now be sold out.

There are a couple of Yahoo groups for those interested in modeling Japanese trains:

JR Forum

JRForum : Discussion in the English language about scale models of Japanese trains.

Tomix

Tomix : Tomix

:thumb: :wave: