Harkonnen's WH40k Builds

Discussion in 'WarHammer40k' started by Harkonnen24, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That is an excellent set of models. Truly excellent! :)
  2. terrinecold

terrinecold Member

any new projects?
  3. Harkonnen24

Harkonnen24 Member

Why yes as a matter of fact.

I am currently working on a Leman Russ and have completed the turret so far.

Also, I would like to thank silveroxide for showing the technique of rolling paper/cardstock around the drillbit. I used a screwdriver and a pen for some cylinders so I didn't have to use so much. It really makes a difference in the strength of the cylinders for the gun and the ease of being able to glue the ends to the flat surfaces with a more complete cylinder.

Now for the pictures. With this model I can easily take the gun assembly out of the turret and put a different gun if I wish as well.

Attached Files:

zathros likes this.
  4. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

You are doing really good work. Everything looks very clean and neat.
    Keep up the GREAT work.
  5. jarobinson

jarobinson Member

Very clean work they look great
  6. Harkonnen24

Harkonnen24 Member

Well I managed to get a hold of some free time and managed to first most of the trackpods. Here is a shot of a completed one(without tracks) and the internal supports of a soon to be completed one. Also I have started using 110lb cardstock. Grabbed 250 sheets from staples and my printer seems to have no issues with it. So that helps save a lot of time. Since I don't have to laminate a standard sheet to something sturdier for the standard parts.

Attached Files:

zathros likes this.
  7. Famous Dave

Famous Dave Member

Glad to see you back on the 40K builds. You do such a great job and I just absolutely love the 40K Universe. The Russ is looking great so far. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

8. periklis_sale

periklis_sale New Member

Great work my friend
    Ur models look amazing
    Where do you get the template from?

10. Harkonnen24

Harkonnen24 Member

Well holy thread necro batman! I'm back with an update.

Here is the back of the hull with exhaust stacks and other stuff.

Front shot with the Lascannon.

Here is the side profile.

I'm so glad that once I got the track pods glued to the hull and it ended up being perfectly square with no wobbles. It's been sooo long that the paper on the turret has changed color from the fresher stuff!

I haven't decide if I want to add the trench rails on the back and the front dozer blade yet, what do you think? Hopefully it won't take me 2 years to add them lol.
    zathros and Sanginus like this.
  11. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

I'd go for greebling the hatches, make them look like they open, and make one or two of them actually open. That will knock the exquisite model waaaay over the top. It cries out for it. :)