Hardest papercraft ever?

Discussion in 'Gaming & Toys' started by Darthbrik, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Will J.

Will J. New Member

I am busy with the Bumblebee from Paperinside and the Optimus Prime from Paper Replika is my next planned build.
  2. mtfbwu97

mtfbwu97 New Member

my hardest model ever

the hardest model i've ever built wasnt really a model, i got a 3d pic of this amazing tank from google sketch-up and built it out of lego. it was about a foot tall and actually fired sign1
    took me bout 2 weeks of straight building whenever i could
  3. Will J.

Will J. New Member

Also busy with Paperinside's Bumblebee. Have completed head (2nd try though) with blue led's. Arms are done, minus the copper coil suggested. Busy with right leg. Building on and off for the past couple of months and am still going to be busy with it for a while.
  4. Will J.

Will J. New Member

Bumblebee thus far

Progress thus far.

Attached Files:

5. Wojtee

Wojtee Member

Hardest papercrafts? For me big ships from Poland. See for instance this Yamato or Fuso... I wouldn´t try that. Too big, too many tiny parts, hard on geometry. The towers are plain sick...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hardest I have ever tried? PR´s Optimus Prime half - sized, for the sheer count of parts and pages, and for some of the more complicated parts. (I still plan to finish it when I get the time :)) Blériot XI, because it was my first "beta" model for the author, so it was like going on an undiscovered ground not knowing how it will come out. And last, the Avia BH-5. Only three pages, but with an engine, which would make a model on its own...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

definatley mine is goin to be the halo reach jet pack.
    90 a4 pages of pure pain. only 2-3 people have completed it.
  7. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

The hardest model I've built?
    Paper-Replika's Optimus Prime.
    Not necessarily hard, but the amount of scoring, cutting, and gluing is mind boggling. My wife ended up having to help me out on one of the arms and one of the legs cause I just got so tired of working on it.
    The hardesy model in my collection? Ette's Gundam Astray Blue Frame. It's basically the MG Model made out of paper. full range of motion, full detail.
    oh, and only .pdo's for instructions >:)
  8. aleks

aleks Member

...but... is this a papercraft? It seems much like the plastic one! It must be a panic to build. Not for my actual modelling skill.

How much time did it take to build?
  9. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

Mine has to be the space 1999 eagle designed by Keith Withers & Marc Robitaille . It was about the 3rd model i had built and boy did I have to persevere with it, think it had 338 tubes on it which I made by wrapping paper around a sewing needle. I think it's because i finished the model that i still making them today.

[​IMG][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
  10. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Mine is the Lens-Head B Tuned. not the actual papercraft itself, but the fact that i've been translating it to full scale (9' tall) and am planning on making it out of sheetmetal. some of the parts are gonna have to be salvage parts from the scrapyard :)

But im so excited ;)

182850_497535395753_646830753_6759451_7807734_n.jpg Bt.jpg
  11. NoneOfTheAbove

NoneOfTheAbove New Member

In terms of most annoying at least was the working paper clock, for the sheer amount of fiddling necessary to get it to work.
  12. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Be sure to keep us posted!

The hardest to build? I suppose it was the Space 1889 Cicada class Gunship by Squirmydad. Not for high parts count or large size, but for the sheer lack of detail. I made up most of it by layering and scratchbuilding. It marks the first time I have ever gone multi-media, using string and brass for the rope and stanchions respectively as well as clear plastic for the windows, and this is the first time I ever tried edge coloring. Overall a lot to learn rolled into a single build. I'm proud of the way it turned out.

Here it is with the original miniature. When you consider that the large scale model was basically an up-scale of this model, you can appreciate the work that went into this build.

13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I like that MilFal, the Brass and strings look just right. The whole ship really has the steampunk genre. Excellent!! :)
  14. jase9112

jase9112 New Member

I feel like the zen response to this question is something like "the hardest papercraft I have worked on is always the one I'm avoiding working on now" or something like that. But that's a complete lie since I just discovered the hobby yesterday!