Hardest papercraft ever?

Discussion in 'Gaming & Toys' started by Darthbrik, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Darthbrik

Darthbrik New Member

2. scarmig

scarmig New Member

Jorge's Serenity.

It was also my very first papercraft ever. Talk about baptism by fire. I must be certifiable. One day I will redo it with my new, improved skills, including lighting. I want to light the thing and if possible put real thrusters on it.

A guy can dream.

3. MonkeyRum

MonkeyRum New Member

Without hesitation the Zenith:
  4. Darthbrik

Darthbrik New Member

Interesting how tall is it?
  5. Squirrel-

Squirrel- New Member

oh, about 8" tall. it was my first model as well.

FM4 ROCKS!jawdrop
  6. WickedClownInc

WickedClownInc New Member

For me so far it would be the large RX-78 gundam I built. It wasnt particularly hard, just time consuming and alot of lessons learned since it was one of my first papercrafts.

I think the next big project I will tackle is Jules Optimus Prime. Now that he has finished it, all I need to do is stock up on ink and cardstock.
  7. TheSarge

TheSarge New Member

Shipyard HMS Victory. Took me 8 months, 3 x-acto blades, and one emergency room trip.

There's real blood on the deck! I just can't find the pictures...
  8. bigfan

bigfan New Member

Mine would have to be the Ecto-1 (of Ghostbusters fame) from Claudio Dias.
    all those Roof greebles... *shudders*
  9. TheSarge

TheSarge New Member

I've looked at building it twice now. Is it that ornery?
  10. bigfan

bigfan New Member

its a bit of a hassle to get heads or tails of some of the pics... It actually took me looking at reference pics of the Prop vehicle to get some of the roof bits right.
    I ended up not putting in the Front Window and Totally screwing up the back window because I used too firm a plastic. you'll definitely need to head to a print shop and get the last page of parts printed on flimsy overhead clear plastic.

I gotta say though, the Corellian Corvette (Tantive IV) I'm Currently Building is giving the Ecto-1 a run for its money in terms of hair-pulling oddities in the design. I don't Know who the author is, the PDO File doesn't even have it listed on the pages like with Goozi's. Hell, there are even Parts on the model that are damn-near too small to form ( four cylinders the width of a paperclip? WTF?)
    My largest build (not quite my hardest build) is Jan Rukr's M41A pulse Rifle.
    That baby will sit on top of my desk until I decide to eventually build a better verison of it.
  11. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Ewwww... I'd have to say UHU02's USS Discovery. All those "nuts" and fuel pods are a lesson in patience.

But the result will be worth it. :mrgreen:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  12. Darthbrik

Darthbrik New Member

My latest hard papercraft.

Uhu02's samintrain gun!

Nearly done... :curse:wall1
  13. WickedClownInc

WickedClownInc New Member

lmfao. I'm having some fun? with that gun as well. I would say I'm past the halfway mark and now that there are fewer pieces it is easier to figure out where the rest go.
  14. Fl0ydski

Fl0ydski Member

I'd say the hardest model I attempted would be one of the Yamaha Series of
    Ultra Realistic (Motorcycle) papercrafts the : MT01.

I only partially finished the motor before I realized that if I am gonna spend that much time and work on an intricate model, I'd prefer a plastic kit. Because it is more likely to stand the test of time...

15. Darthbrik

Darthbrik New Member

Started working on paperinside's bumblebee...

got the head 1/2 done sign1 itll be a long one...
  16. Fl0ydski

Fl0ydski Member

Models with that many parts - I feel- should just be done in plastic. Not because I don't think they are amazing... but rather the longevity of the build. I would absolutely weep if the model were damaged after spending that many gazillion hours it took to painstakingly assemble it... lol

17. arisraiser00

arisraiser00 New Member

for me the harddest model to build is optimus prime form paper-replika indonesian model
  18. named50

named50 New Member

very interesting, have you finished it?

I guess I'll take optimus as my next project, till now I am stuck with yamaha sign1
  19. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

For me, it is the ALIENS Drop ship and the personnel carrier. That drop ship has some mean compound folds in those wings.
  20. JoseOmatic

JoseOmatic New Member

Mine was my first one, Metal Gear Rex