harbinger of sad things to come?

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
For those who remember Shamus, http://forum.zealot.com/t152655/ , this sounds like things are not going well for him.
He has done this once before, and I have much of what he sold that time. This time, however, he has added information that seems to indicate that we won't be seeing anything new, to replace the old.
It might help his spirits, to know that he isn't forgotten.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Forgotten?!! No way! Put his name up there right next to John Allens! He IS an expert in this hobby and I've got his sight bookmarked. I refer to his pictures from time to time for inspiration. Shamus, Just cause you can't get up them stairs anymore don't mean nuttin'. Let's see a little bookshelf layout downstairs that you can sit in front of!

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
man thats horrible

man thats horrible,growing old REALLY sucks.but shamus was my idol,even if i didnt model On30,his stuff was amazing!.i wish i had money to buy some of is stuff so id have something else than computer images to remember his great modeling with...sorry shamus.and thaks for the update sumpter...--josh

Printer

I sympathize with Shamus and understand what he's going through. I've just been diagnosed with Emphysema (COPD) and then 10 days after that wonderful news I suffered a heart attack. Sounds like he has some of the depression that I get so often because of wanting to do so much but the body balking at every step.

Shamus, If you read this, Take it easy and do what you're able to do. Even if it's to Mentor others. Your knowledge is valuable and it would be a shame to lose that.

Scoot

myltlpny

I'm pretty new to the forum, and can't really say I know Shamus. But, after seeing some of his work, I can honestly say the loss of his expertise would be a shame. My In-Laws have a lot of health problems that keep them from doing what they love, too. My Mother In-Law, for example, loves to garden. But her emphysema keeps her from walking to the shed to get her gardening tools, let alone putter about in the garden. She does what she can, and I guess that's all any of us can hope for.

davidstrains

For those who remember Shamus, http://forum.zealot.com/t152655/ , this sounds like things are not going well for him.
He has done this once before, and I have much of what he sold that time. This time, however, he has added information that seems to indicate that we won't be seeing anything new, to replace the old.
It might help his spirits, to know that he isn't forgotten.

Pete,

For all of us that have been educated, mentored, coached, encouraged, critiqued, and otherwise influenced by Paul it would be nice if we could get an address to possibly send personal card. Do you know if he would give his postal address to us.

Thanks,

spitfire

I am very sorry to hear this news. Shamus has been a true inspiration to the hobby, and a wonderful mentor to many of us.

Val

nkp174

Shamus, sorry to hear the bad news. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us. Please keep at least a couple of your favorite pieces to put on your mantel.

Shamus

Paul ... so sorry that we will not be seeing any of your fabulous modeling in the future. your models ,photos, instruction videos have been an insperation to many many scratch builders such as myself.
I have been blessed by knowing you and that other great modeler Robin Mattersen. Your modeling will not be forgotten
May the Lord be kind to you for the rest of your life

God Bless

doctorwayne

Paul, I echo the comments of your other friends here. Neither you nor your modelling skills will be forgotten. I hope that you find some solace in that, and that you'll continue to visit as you are able.

Wayne

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Shamus,
I got the email notification that all was sold, and thought I'd take a moment here to say that if you do build a module, pictures here, or at the "Photography" forum, would be greatly appreciated.
We all could use a little more inspiration now and then.....
Pete