Happy Father's Day

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
A very HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you fathers out there. I hope your family treats you like a king for the entire day.

I heard somewhere about the family that wanted to do something for their father and decided his trains really looked old and weatherbeaten and so while he was away, they cleaned them all up for him. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: They looked "out of the box" new again.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hey Don,

do you REALLY have a father's day in the USA? Is this a US custom only, or are there also worshipped fathers in Canada? And possibly also Down Under (Woodie, are you listening? :D)?

When you assume, that most probably mother's day was invented to push the business of flower shops, then father's day might also give a fine boost to your LHS! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Now THAT would be a reason to introduce father's day in Europe, too! :D :D :D

Ron

PS: Your anectode reminds me of the moment when my wife (a few months after our marriage) had the glorious idea to give me a real, fine surprise - and then she tidied up my 'cluttered' workshop! :mad: :cry: :mad:
Oh well, 37 years later we're still married! (And my workshop still is cluttered!) :D :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ron,

Yes, Mother's Day was supposedly started by the greeting card companies. Father's Day was done for equality. :) As card sales wained, they picked up on Grandparent's Day and a few others that are forgettable. I'm not sure how widespread this custom is, but I thought it might go beyond our borders. Any help here from our friends up north and across the big pond would be appreciated. :wave: :wave:

When we had our business, my wife used to straighten out my office, usually when we had a customer visiting. It took me a day or so to get it back to where it was comfortable again. She always stood by to help me "find" things again aftwards. :thumb: :thumb: And no, she never tried to "clean up" my workshop without my being there. You can see why we just had our 44th anniversary a few days ago. :D :D :D :D

For those who are celebrating Fathers Day. HAVE A GOOD ONE.
Yes we have fathers Day Down Under but not until September.
Not sure abowt NSW where woodie lives, it's getting a bit old there, oldtimers is setting in, they probly forget it. ROFLMAO
Explanation::
There is an extreme rivalry between the states here. So i was havin a go Hehehehehaha
No slight intended on you Woodie. :)

F

Fred_M

Fathersday was invented by Mr. Hainey to sell hand painted ties to the people of Hootersville. It was such a sucess it was picked up by JC Penny and Sears to sell their ugly white elephant ties to Junior to give to his poor dad. Tomorrow is laugh your butt off day at the office when you get to see Ned's tie that his children insisted he wear. It's 5:22 pm and I haven't heard from my boy all day, he lives 6 miles away. That's the best present he could of gave me. :p I'm going to hide the rest of the day so I can lay on the guilt next time I see him. :thumb: Fred

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Got a Father's Day dinner on the town today. A highly recommended eatery, I coulda lubed my Hudson off one of the plates :eek: But I still love being a Dadoo. We can't do guilt quite like Mamas can.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I have been truly blessed as a father. I have three great kids and six fantastic grandchildren and a great grandchild on the way. What more could I ask for. Hope all dads out there are as lucky as I am.

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Robin. I am not as fortunate as you. I have 3 children plus a foster daughter. All married. 6 grandchiden, but no great greatchildren in the foreseeble future. Still I am happy with what I have.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Happy Fathers day was a great day for me as a Grandfather, all 5 of my Grandchildren came over and one got stuck in my trainroom for hours, Here is Nathan running trains.
Shamus

nat01.jpg

nat02.jpg