Hannibal Twin Eight

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Mars-1, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Mars-1

Mars-1 New Member

I used to have a download of this car in paper in my computer, but when my hard drive lost it's interest in living all the files were lost. I can't find the site where this came from, anybody know where it's at?
  2. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

3. Mars-1

Mars-1 New Member

Doesn't seem to be the same one, this one was 1/25 scale I think. all paper.
  4. gwssms

gwssms Member

The model in question was designed by Ed Bertschy. For some reason I can't seem to find his site at the moment.
  5. nx13688

nx13688 Member

6. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Well done, Ryan! Bravo!
  7. charliec

charliec Active Member

I noticed on the Web archive of Ed Bertschy's site the following text:

"Anything you find on my website you can use however you want. I would appreciate it if you didn't sell anything you find here. But please feel free to download the files and offer them for free on your own website. I would like to get these models distributed as far and wide as I can."

Since Ed's site seems to have disappeared and I know from the Smartgroups file project he doesn't seem to be e-mail contactable is it worth retrieving Ed's models and loading them into the Cardmodels Parts Bin?

I can do the donkey work if it's thought to be a worthwhile project by the denizens (of this forum)

8. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Charlie

I think Ed would appreciate anything you can save and reproduce here. I have already posted his Steam engine in the parts bin. He has some terrific models on his site, but I never got around to building anything but the steam engine.

... Bill
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I have all of his models, a small treasure trove of little gems!

The missile and dolly were one of my first models and was a joy to build!
    I would like to do them one more time actually, now that I have a practice run under my belt and I know what to expect.
    I haven't built the truck yet, but I am sure it's a winner also and goes great as a set!
    I would love to see them become a permanent part of cardmodels.net, myself!

Attached Files:

10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hannibal Twin Eight from 'The Great Race'

Thanks, Mars-1 and Ryan,

It´s a very nice model - I have it downloaded now.

Bengt :D
  11. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I have some of the models too. Let me know if I need to look them up so I can help put them here.
  12. Mars-1

Mars-1 New Member

Many Thanks!!! Another one for the to-do list
  13. Alcides

Alcides Member

I've tryed to download the fordsons and the archives seems to be corrupted.

14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Go for it charlie! super build russell :)
  15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I have problems also with the downloaded files.
    Anyone willing to share? Better if posted on the forum.