hand-built Rerailers

My current n scale track plan requires a 13"r rerailer. I have not been able to find one anywhere. straight, 9" and 11.75" are all readily available, but nothing else. I tried to build my own but it is not working correctly.

Daoes anyone know of a manufacturer that puts out an n scale 13" radius rerailer, or have any advice on building one from scratch?

RI541

Have you tried using joint compound? I made a road crossing with joint compound which is basicly the same idea.

Just put some between the rails with a putty knife,then put a long slope on both sides like a regular rerailer.Then take an older car with old trucks that you dont mind ruining and run it through the compound make sure you push the car to one side of the rails then to the other side a few times to make the groove for the wheel flange's.

Let the compound set up over night then sand the compound flush with the tracks.prime then paint it and your done.

You might have to make an angle from the center of the track to the rails to help guide the wheels back to the tracks.

It worked alright for me,maybe some one else has an easier way??

Shane

BillD53A

Try using two extra lengths of rail, or Plastruct shapes, and gluing them to the ties, inside the running rails. Glue them in place with ACC, inside the running rails, right next to the spike heads, like guard rails. Then fill in the space between them with plaster. This will give you a ready made flangeway. HTH Bill