Halo World

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Jones Brandon, May 25, 2008.

1. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

i working on halo ring world i hope everyone like what i did sofar here are some photo of what i have done .:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Attached Files:

2. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Halo, and welcome, Jones Brandon.:thumb:

Have you read the Larry Niven books?

I like the texturing.:thumb:

3. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

thank you man, and no i haven't read larry niven book yet but i will check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Nosports

Nosports Member

General Description in LN-Books as far as i remember :

*the ring holds its form due to nanostrings (or whatever it is in the future) which goes right throug the sun to the opposite side.
    * Genereally the Ring is very thin (its the sense of it to bekomme a bigger surface with a given mass as a sphere) but there are some higer ranges which forming mountains to house the needed engines (such as pumps, gnerators ......) this higher ranges also formes thiner atmosperes, such as mars or so on.
    * in the NF-Ringworld this is not a thousands earths, but a range of different planets in flat
    *the sides of the rings formes a very high mountain (up into the void), which prevents the lifeforms from 'falling' down and keeping the air inside the ring.
    * also there are some spaceports around the ring-outside to give access

Hope this will help and spring some ideas to refine the model.

(i have halo, but don't played it yet, so i don't know if the description of halo-ringworld is conform to the NF-Ringworld)
  5. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

thank you, that helps
  6. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

see this my halo ring world and i did put the model out there on the net. but i forgot what website. but if you do download my model please let people know i did it.i don't carry if post it here just be up front who model it is!!!!!!!!!!!