Halo Spartan WIP

Rogerio Silva

Beg your pardon...?

PreacherMan

I don't know if I've got it straight, but did you say you will pattern a fabric inner clothing? You know, English is not my native language, so sometimes I have a hard time to understand...:cry: Sorry!:eek:ops:

PreacherMan

Yep! What's done is I'll wrap a mesh laundry bag around each individual part, a bag like this-
JuzoLaundryBag.jpg

And then spray paint each on. It gives it a light almost hexagonal print. Here's something else we painted like that-

424644_3446284050261_1015542253_n.jpg

Rogerio Silva

And then, I imagine, you remove the mesh and the fabric keeps the hexagonal pattern? Oh, man, the genious is seen by his simple solutions... A laundry bag?
Building a HALO suit is becoming an almost uncontrollable urge, thanks to you, buddy! BTW, this is NOT a bad comment, on the contrary!

dnalor

That undersuite thing sounds great..
I want to see that thread :)
And about that buzz lightyear costume..which one..
i found a picture of a real buzz lightyear, but can't find a full body picture.
That i would love to build...when i'm ready with all the other stuff. :)

dnalor

ah thanks..that i'm going to read also :)
and this was the buzz i found..

Attachments

• buzz.jpg
    buzz.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 15

Rogerio Silva

Omg!!! Are you serious? Kids, get out of the house!!! Do not come near dad's computer!!!
BTW, the thread link about the undersuit is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Thanks!

silveroxide

With those wondrous props, I am willing to bet that you may have attended a few comic con in style. by the way, the original designer of the stormtroopers was sued by Lucas but the courts in England went in favor of the designer and declined Lucas petition, and for the moment, the designer is still selling his Storm trooper armor.

PreacherMan

Really now, the original design set?
Funny enough, I've only been to one 'con! Ran my old foam armour there, I made it in the weeks preceding.
Here's what it looks like- it was my first attempt at any homemade costume.
558890_3751208673186_1708748102_n.jpg

14257_3710916385904_1515446993_n.jpg

(yes the back actually does glow, I used LEDs and translucent white plastic to get the effect)

Anywho, just started the hardening process. :)
535384_4017608293010_676303942_n.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
For that being your first set, it looks really good.
How long did it take you to build, and how many times did you have to rebuild it to get it the way you wanted it?

comex319

Grate build looking good. What is a MOLLE chest rig? How did you make the vented pannels and as I am in ireland/UK what could I use instead of Bondo?

PreacherMan

Do you have access to auto body filler? If not that, Smooth-Cast liquid plastics work absolute wonders. I'd be using that if I had more money.
For the original undersuit for the old armour, I just used a black shirt and pants. It was cold. Con day, I used underarmour for the top, black cargo pants for the bottom. The new suit will have an actual homemade undersuit.
MOLLE chest rig is a modular tactical harness, designed to be able to switch around pouches for whatever situation is needed. Example-
fox_desert_loadout.jpg

What do you mean by vented panels?

I never had to rebuild this armour... it was the first incarnation that I just added to until everything looked okay. Changed some things along the way, but it's 90% original bits.

Syrus54

Would you believe this was started on a whim two days ago?

I can believe it. Years ago, when I was still doing Papercraft, I did nothing but cut, fold, glue, and repeat.

I quit when I started modelling, but Halo was the 1st stuff I ever did.

Great job on yours. I especially like the lights on the back.

If you want other models/suits, check out the RPF, or halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_​File_Index

Rogerio Silva

Scooby-Doo, where are you?

PreacherMan

Are you OK, man? I hope you are; I'm just worried about you, since your last post is quite sometime ago... It's probably just the busy lives we all live, I think:cry:. Keep cool AND walking!:mrgreen:

PreacherMan

Hey!
I'm okay, project's just on hold right now. It's too cold outside to work on anything, and there's nowhere that's well ventilated enough to use resin. :(

PreacherMan

So, it hit 26 degrees Celsius here so it was warm enough to keep going.
Now, the only thing left to do is one of the forearms and the shoulder/bicep areas.

179922_4498822243058_84520362_n.jpg

946645_4499462219057_1187793680_n.jpg

936288_4499569021727_1768037303_n.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad to see that you are back to building (and finishing this project).:thumb:

I like the ornament of the helmet.:thumb: It adds to the "FEAR FACTOR"!sign1

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!